feeling unsure and wobbly :(

kellyjamie

Hi all,

feel really daft. were not emigrating for another couple of years yet, but this morning i had this awful feeling of panic sweep over me!:unsure: whilst taking my daughter to nursery i was listening to the radio and heard a geordie accent which just made me feel really sad as this reminded me of my hilarious auntie , and then i began thinking of everyone and all the things i,ll miss!!:cry: then on the way home i passed my mum and dad who were taking my son to school and then felt even worse!! my parents help us so much and do so much with our kids im really worried to leave them, im trainning to be a nurse so right now me and my husband are v.skint and this mornings little bump made me question if its worth it? then i come home read this site and know oz is defo where i want us to be mainly 4 the life my kids will have, and also my parents have always wanted to retire to durham (with my aunt) but wont go while we are here so i suppose by us going it will give them the freedom to do what they want, we have had a pretty rough month with some things goin on so think im just a bit emotional right now, sorry for the rant i just wanted to check im feeling normal and that others have had these feelings??

Thanx and apologies again for going on!!:wubclub:xx

Heh dont be sad ,,its perfectly normal to feel confused its such a big decision.I had my moments before we left ,i can hand on heart say our leaving party was the most emotinol time of my life,even after being here a year hearing certain songs on the radio still makes me think of back home and friends.It does get better though and you miss things less every day seeing the kids happy and being around such friendly people makes it all worth while.Keep smiling ,you know it will be worth it!

Cal x

Howay pet get a howl of yersel! Don't worry every body here will at some time feel panic and terror at going away from loved one's but the main thing is that you do it for yourself and family, they are what count. Don't forget your parents won't be around forever and you never know they could be winging their way to see you after a couple of years.

Today's communications are now such that you are always in touch and what with Web Cams etc you can ward off a bit of the homesickness.

I always believe that "The only thing in life that you regret is the things you didn't do", I'm sure your parents want you and your family the best future they can have. So take it slow, talk a lot about how you feel with your Mam and Dad and all will be well. This site is a great outlet for your frustrations and fears, use it, you will find similar fears as your own and loads of good people that will put their electronic arm around you!

Good luck with your decision for the future.

Alan.

Archived