another new "im moving thread"

lostdf3

hi all,

myself and my partner are in the final stages of a 457 visa move, a little info on us.

im a linesman so the visa is in my name my partner kate is taking the plunge with me, we have been reading various threads already trying to build up a picture of what we can expect in oz. i would like to extend a great thank you to all that have provided so much info it has been a real help for us!

sorry i forgot to mention if all goes according to plan and we end up in oz, is there anyone that can help and advise of regional towns and the life that we can expect there, as this is the most likely place we will end up.

dustin

hopefully this one show's up lol my last post has vanished lol.

we are looking to move to western australia, so my base would be regional we like the look of Margaret River, Albany, Bunbury and Geraldton.

My only worry is due to the nature of my job my social circle is already sorted, but I do worry that I am taking kate to the other side of the world and she is not able to get work in her current field. Im sure alot of people have had the same worries, any advice we can get would be greatly appreciated.

no i would be based in one of the regional towns, so have an idea from those i listed as to where we may be put although in saying that this may all be very premature as it is still a 3 day wait before any information is given to whether i have the job or not lol

Well, my preference would be Margaret River. Stunning place where I go on holiday every year. Lots of wineries and very good restaurants. It is very small - you walk across it in 15 mins. But very nice and a great pub. Which is unusual for WA. Also great beaches. The forests are amazing. I have friends that moved there from Perth and love it and wouldn't live anywhere else. Lots of Perth people dream of living there. Property in the town itself can be expensive, but areas on the outskirts suck as Witchcliffe are affordable

Bunbury is bigger and like a small town in the UK. Sea side town but with a bit of a reputation for being both a retirement home and being bogan. Albany is nice, though a bit of a trek from anywhere. Geraldton is in thebopposite direction. Would be my last choice. Expensive due to mining, very bogan, it would be a difficult one to settle into.

Guest AKA63029

Have to agree with above. Though I like the other areas Margaret River is stunning, still maintained that 'village' feel and a great spot to live and bring up the family.

It would be on my list if only I didn't suffer from the worst hay fever I have ever had, both in the UK and OZ.

But a truly stunning place to live.

Cheers Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

hey sorry for the delay in replying, thank you all for the advice and comments. Unfortunately still waiting for a reply from oz as to where i stand with the job application, even though the recruitment company told us 2 weeks. A little bit frustrated at this stage but hey this is the way of things, yes scottish stacey. sorry to not elaborate.

well the news has finally come through, i have been successful just need to find out where we will be placed and begin visa application. just wondered as well if anyone had any advice regarding the 457, i know that my partner will be on it without restrictions just a bit unsure as to how we prove the length of our relationship as we have heard that it can be difficult if your not married.

Archived