ielts....hopefully done!

82rhoads

Well,I completed the ielts this morning in Brighton and all I can say is I'm glad I prepared over the last few weeks. It didn't seem like a hard test but the pressure has an effect for sure...i think I would have preferred the reading test first as my nerves kicked in a bit and the listening seemed quite fast. A big thanks to all the people on this site for all the advice I received and if anyone has a question ask away:biggrin:

Darren

I did mine this am in Nottingham and i wish i could say the same as all of you. Comparing with the previous test i did all i can say is from the frying pan into the fire.....

Seriously considering to write OET (Occupational English Test) instead.

I did mine this am in Nottingham and i wish i could say the same as all of you. Comparing with the previous test i did all i can say is from the frying pan into the fire.....

Seriously considering to write OET (Occupational English Test) instead.

Barbie, don`t give up yet, maybe the results are better than you think. I found the OET much easier though. I am still waiting on mine ( IELTS), done last week, will be available on the 27th. No idea how I did reading-wise, I got a whole lot of the "true/false/not given" questions which I am uncomfortable with.

Barbie, don`t give up yet, maybe the results are better than you think. I found the OET much easier though. I am still waiting on mine ( IELTS), done last week, will be available on the 27th. No idea how I did reading-wise, I got a whole lot of the "true/false/not given" questions which I am uncomfortable with.

Hie Maruska

i am not giving up yet but i am counting the pennies and they are adding up, if i am to do a resit that will be £375 and still counting and am not happy. :-(

i found reading harder than the first one, two sets of true/false/not given, heading questions and who said what questions all my worst questions came and am hopeless about the score at the moment... OET cost but i don't have to redo the whole test just where i did not meet the grade, with two reading passages i should be ok :-)

Hi,Did my IELTS for the 2nd time and finally got the 7 required for my application. Skills currently being assessed and cannot wait for the result of that. 4 weeks waiting and counting. I'm applying for 176 State Sponsored Visa for Perth. Need to get my DIAC application in before July changes.

Hi

I did mine yesterday (21st April) in Peterborough....did anyone else do it there?

I found the listening and reading pretty easy....i was expecting the reading to be harder....the Dodo one was a bit confusing at times but reckon I did ok.

The writing was a strange one....40 minutes for the essay just isnt long enough, the letter was straight forward but I seemed to be writing at 100mph for the essay, managed to squeeze 290 words out...god knows how though!!

Its pants that you have to wait 13 days for results...gonna check online before then and see.

Hi

I did mine yesterday (21st April) in Peterborough....did anyone else do it there?

I found the listening and reading pretty easy....i was expecting the reading to be harder....the Dodo one was a bit confusing at times but reckon I did ok.

The writing was a strange one....40 minutes for the essay just isnt long enough, the letter was straight forward but I seemed to be writing at 100mph for the essay, managed to squeeze 290 words out...god knows how though!!

Its pants that you have to wait 13 days for results...gonna check online before then and see.

Hi,I did mine on sat too. Just wondered how u check online for results. As you can tell I'm new to this experience x good luck with your results

Archived