our dream is over :(

Guest Gwenno

Guest Gwenno

Hi all,

We've just found out that we can't even begin the visa process due to my work and OH's work.I'm a pharmacy technician/health care assistant and OH half is a wall and floor tiler. Our work won't allow us to move, my sister and her family lives in Adelaide since 2008, according to the emigration group they can't sponser us because we would have remaining family in the u.k (my mum and dad) Not sure what to do now, i don't want t o give up so easily. Feel my dream is over before it starts. :(

Can anyone help??

Gwenno

Hiya

The visa categorys have changed sooooo much since we applied i wouldnt know where to start with advice. However if i was in your position i would ring at least 2 or 3 agents, explain your work history and qualifications and see what is said.You just never know,,,

Hope you can sort something

Cal x

Hi all,

We've just found out that we can't even begin the visa process due to my work and OH's work.I'm a pharmacy technician/health care assistant and OH half is a wall and floor tiler. Our work won't allow us to move, my sister and her family lives in Adelaide since 2008, according to the emigration group they can't sponser us because we would have remaining family in the u.k (my mum and dad) Not sure what to do now, i don't want t o give up so easily. Feel my dream is over before it starts. :(

Can anyone help??

Gwenno

I'd check with a few other agents, I thought tiling would be on the SOL for SS for at least one of the states unless age is against you? Get a second opinion.

Good luck

when i made my mind up i wanted to go i went to an expo and got visa assessment to see what I could go on NOT whether they would let me. I am 46 so I knew it would be a tough one. Anyway I really think you could even do the free assessments on line would give you a better idea if not! Dont give up if you want to go there will be a way

Guest Guest31881

Go Matilda and Visa Bureau both do on line assessments, check them out, they will normally give you a ring and a chat about what your options are.

You're right to get a second opinion but be careful because some so called migration agents will rip people off.

Migration agents who are MARA registered are regulated by the Australian Government, therefore they are required to give you the best advice for your circumstances.

Floor and wall tiler is on the list for WA- http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx

the next question is do you meet the points test and would you consider another state? for most who have the idea to get to Oz is to not give u,p as others have said and formulate a plan- that is if it is what you really want- does it matter if you live in another state for two years?

The journey to get there could be a great adventure :)

Hi all,

Can anyone help??

Gwenno

Hi Gwenno,

You should be able to apply for SA State Sponsorship, rather than relying on Family Sponsorship. Wall and Floor Tiler is on the SA Govt State Sponsorship List - 333411 (see attached link) for this Programme Year. Maybe get an assessment from an agent and find out that you qualify in other areas (age, experience, work history, etc) and the best way to apply.

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp#number_1

Good Luck, Kazza

Guest Homer

I'm sorry your dream seems shattered. Keep trying other avenues by all means but try not to fixate on what you may not be able to have. It can make you REALLY unsettled and unhappy where you are. Try to improve your life where you are and make your life the best it can be. Don't lose sight of the fact that the UK is a wonderful place to live and offers so much that other countries, including Australia, could never hope to offer. Have you thought of moving within the UK? Best of luck!