10 worst things about living in Australia

Guest Aldo

For me it was:

(in no particular order)

1. Having to listen to aussies constantly telling you have fkn fantastic their country is.
  2. Dark evenings
  3. I didn't like the drinking round other people houses social thing, I much prefer going down the pub
  4. Workplace. I found the building industry to be unfriendly with too much brown nosing and snitching.
  5. Houses. The QLDers are very attractive to look at but the modern aussie homes are mostly timber framed with thing glass windows and tin roofs. Looked a bit like legoland to me.
  6. Driving Standards
  7. Rain
  8. Swooping Birds
  9. Commercial areas all looking like modern industrial estates
  10. Isolation from Europe

fill ya boots:cute:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to agree with you on the swooping birds! Alfred Hitchcock must surely have lived in Queensland at some point in his life :laugh:

I love how the plovers make a nest somewhere inexplicable like the middle of your garden ... then spend all day running round like Basil Fawlty and screeching like a banshee at anyone who dares go near their missus! :elvis:

Can't think of another 9, though...!! :laugh:

Guest Working to fish

One thing that gets on my **** ,is poms bloody moaning ,oh and gits who nick your camping gear.

Sand banks.

Bogging out on fraser island.

Mozzies.

Sand flys.

Sh!t bosses .

Sun.

Rain.

:smile:

Got to agree with you on the swooping birds! Alfred Hitchcock must surely have lived in Queensland at some point in his life :laugh:

I love how the plovers make a nest somewhere inexplicable like the middle of your garden ... then spend all day running round like Basil Fawlty and screeching like a banshee at anyone who dares go near their missus! :elvis:

Can't think of another 9, though...!! :laugh:

We had a huge communal area with flaying feilds and a river where i lived and poxy pluvas decided to lay eggs in the middle of the feild so insted of removing them the grounds keepers said "ooohhhh no they'r protected! can't touch em mate" so the whole field was a no-go area with the kids..:mad:

1. Never heard anyone saying that.
  2. Not in Melbourne
  3. Agree and so do a lot of our friends as we hate cleaning up
  4. Workplace. Probably but could be the same anywhere these days.
  5. Houses. Agree to some extent, verandas are a must and tin roofs are also a must as they cool down quicker.
  6. Think the UK is catching up on this one after our last visit to the UK this year.
  7. Rain - Well we did not have a lot in Vic but now we are catching up on 13 years of drought.
  8. Swooping Birds Yes they do and why not if we get near their nests.
  9. Commercial areas all looking like modern industrial estates, they are modern industrial estates.
  10. Isolation from Europe Cannot change that but for me that is a good thing, if there is a disaster in Europe like Chernobyl rather be in Aus.

One thing that gets on my **** ,is poms bloody moaning ,oh and gits who nick your camping gear.

Sand banks.

Bogging out on fraser island.

Mozzies.

Sand flys.

Sh!t bosses .

Sun.

Rain.

:smile:

They nicked your gear to buy food,, poor bstards

I think my worst 10 things would be - -

1 - Mossies

2 - Ants

3 - the cold in winter

4 - estate agents

5 - no free dental care for kids

6 - aussie currys

7 - ridiculous trade licencing for some trades

8 - price of second hand cars

9 - snakes

10 - No bury balck pudding!!

Cal x

Guest Working to fish
They nicked your gear to buy food,, poor bstards

yep they did ,but the gits also took all my bloody food to ,plus my salt,pepper.

We had a huge communal area with flaying feilds and a river where i lived and poxy pluvas decided to lay eggs in the middle of the feild so insted of removing them the grounds keepers said "ooohhhh no they'r protected! can't touch em mate" so the whole field was a no-go area with the kids..:mad:

Flaying fields??!!!!:elvis: OMG Aldo, there's no wonder you wanted to go back to Spain if they did that sort of thing to the locals where you lived :laugh:

Sue x

PS Sorry it was too good an opportunity to miss :hug:

I think my worst 10 things would be - -

1 - Mossies

2 - Ants

3 - the cold in winter

4 - estate agents

5 - no free dental care for kids

6 - aussie currys

7 - ridiculous trade licencing for some trades

8 - price of second hand cars

9 - snakes

10 - No bury balck pudding!!

Cal x

forgot about them biting ants:elvis: worse than wasp stings!!

Just thought i'd mention that before i started this thread i did a search to see if there was already one t5hat i could revitalise and every one had been closed:confused:

hmmmmm:GEEK:

Guest Working to fish
Just thought i'd mention that before i started this thread i did a search to see if there was already one t5hat i could revitalise and every one had been closed:confused:

hmmmmm:GEEK:

As a migration Expert how do we concact you ,and are you cheap :idea:

Guest guest37336

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. :policeman::arghh: I'm all for patriotism but they bloody nicked this saying of the Poms. It used to be Oggy, Oggy, Oggy, but was hijacked by the Aussies.

Come on Aussies, admit it, you know you want to.:wink:

Cheers Tony.

As a migration Expert how do we concact you ,and are you cheap :idea:

There is something you should understand about the way I work. When you need me, but do not want me, then I will stay. If you want me, but no longer need me then I have to go. It's quite sad really but there it is.

I don't do it for financial reward, I do it because i care.:wubclub:

For me it was:

(in no particular order)

1. Having to listen to aussies constantly telling you have fkn fantastic their country is.

2. Dark evenings

3. I didn't like the drinking round other people houses social thing, I much prefer going down the pub

4. Workplace. I found the building industry to be unfriendly with too much brown nosing and snitching.

5. Houses. The QLDers are very attractive to look at but the modern aussie homes are mostly timber framed with thing glass windows and tin roofs. Looked a bit like legoland to me.

6. Driving Standards

7. Rain

8. Swooping Birds

9. Commercial areas all looking like modern industrial estates

10. Isolation from Europe

fill ya boots:cute:

Bit wingy Aldo..... far more serious problems in the world than those listed above. You wanna try living in SE London! 1. knife/weapons culture, 2. crime, 3. poverty, don't need to list any more as they, to me, are far worse than proud aussies, dark evenings and pubs that dont have security guards wearing bullet proof/stab vests. :rolleyes:

Bit wingy Aldo..... far more serious problems in the world than those listed above. You wanna try living in SE London! 1. knife/weapons culture, 2. crime, 3. poverty, don't need to list any more as they, to me, are far worse than proud aussies, dark evenings and pubs that dont have security guards wearing bullet proof/stab vests. :rolleyes:

I had a "serious problems of the world" thread planned for tomorrow. Today I'm gonna be busy helping poms in oz and poms wanting to be in oz.

Guest Working to fish
There is something you should understand about the way I work. When you need me, but do not want me, then I will stay. If you want me, but no longer need me then I have to go. It's quite sad really but there it is.

I don't do it for financial reward, I do it because i care.:wubclub:

Mm i think you could make a killing mate :idea:

I had a "serious problems of the world" thread planned for tomorrow. Today I'm gonna be busy helping poms in oz and poms wanting to be in oz.

oh no please... had enough serious problems in the world to deal with back in the UK.... think I prefer to see the 10 non issues on this one. :cool:

oh no please... had enough serious problems in the world to deal with back in the UK.... think I prefer to see the 10 non issues on this one. :cool:

They might be "non-issues" to you:mad:

surely they are non issues to most people??????????? come on mate seriously?! :biglaugh:

oh alright, you win.

Mods close thread..:eek:

blimey.... did I just get one over on the great Aldo???????? feel a bit sad now. Victory isnt what its cracked up to be.

hope you're happy:sad:

Guest guest36762

1. gangs

2. knife crime

3. weather

4. immigrants-stop the boats

5. traffic

6. lack of space

7. people

8. beaches

9. money

10. music