Experince in Australia on Subclass 600 visa

kamalkschauhan

Greetings All

I'm in Australia on 600 for past 2 months and I want to submit my EOI for 189 and/or 190. I have these questions:

1. Since I'm in Australia on Subclass 600 visa for past 2 months. Now my company is converting my visa into 457.

Can I include these 2 months in my local experience(since 600 is not a work visa)?

If I include it, can there be any implications in my PR application?

2. 1+ years local experience gives you 5 points. But if I submit EOI for 190 and/or 189 before 1 year(since I do not want wait for 1 year), though I get 0 points, but will I get some preference/consideration (for having 457 and already working in Australia).

3. After a person obtains citizenship. Can he leave Australia for an indefinite period and come back after, say 10 years?

Please provide your feedback team. I'm really looking for directions.

Thanks

Kamal

Of course you can't use the 2 months as local experience because it's illegal to work on that visa - if you are working on that visa you're in breach of the visa and that could be grounds for deporting you. So you certainly don't want to mention it!

Just to be clear, the 189 visa does not give you citizenship. For citizenship, you have to wait another 4 years to apply for citizenship, and then another 6-12 months to get your certificate. Then you can leave the country for as long as you want and come back any time.

I assume you're here as a business visitor? I'd be nervous including this as Australian work experience without first speaking with a migration agent. Although you may be working for your overseas employer while here, the fact that you're in Australia at the time may not automatically mean it's considered as Australian work experience.

Greetings All

I'm in Australia on 600 for past 2 months and I want to submit my EOI for 189 and/or 190. I have these questions:

1. Since I'm in Australia on Subclass 600 visa for past 2 months. Now my company is converting my visa into 457.

Can I include these 2 months in my local experience(since 600 is not a work visa)?

If I include it, can there be any implications in my PR application?

2. 1+ years local experience gives you 5 points. But if I submit EOI for 190 and/or 189 before 1 year(since I do not want wait for 1 year), though I get 0 points, but will I get some preference/consideration (for having 457 and already working in Australia).

3. After a person obtains citizenship. Can he leave Australia for an indefinite period and come back after, say 10 years?

Please provide your feedback team. I'm really looking for directions.

Thanks

Kamal

So you worked on a tourist visa, and want to declare that to DIBP? You obviously know you breached your visa rules already by working on a tourist visa, what field are you working in? Probably best to ask an RMA for advice on what to declare to immigration, I'm told they take a dim view of using tourist visas to work on.

I would think it deeply unwise to mention that you have been breaking the law for the last two months and hope to get credit for it in a visa application!

You and your employer might want to think about how this two month "gap" would be explained anyway as obviously they have been breaking the law too and I think law breaking employers would have trouble sponsoring.

Thanks all guys.. I got what I needed to know..

My response to your comments for clarification...

1. Friends, I absolutely DID NOT mention anywhere in my post that I've been working on 600. Obviously I'm here for requirements gathering, technical design consolidations and business meetings for starting a project from offshore after I go back. I'm still getting Indian salary. And here, just getting company paid accommodation and allowances to buy food. I was just needing to know that whether my stay on 600 can be considered as local experience or Not.

2. It's not in my company's interest to file my 457. It's in client's interest who is changing it's priority and willing keep me here for longer duration to start and manage the project from here. Neither me, Nor my company is breaking any laws.

Thanks again.

1. Friends, I absolutely DID NOT mention anywhere in my post that I've been working on 600. Obviously I'm here for requirements gathering, technical design consolidations and business meetings for starting a project from offshore after I go back. I'm still getting Indian salary. And here, just getting company paid accommodation and allowances to buy food. I was just needing to know that whether my stay on 600 can be considered as local experience or Not.

2. It's not in my company's interest to file my 457. It's in client's interest who is changing it's priority and willing keep me here for longer duration to start and manage the project from here. Neither me, Nor my company is breaking any laws.

Thanks again.

If you claim it as work experience then that clearly says you are claiming time spent working locally. Whatever you have been doing on the 600 is not local work experience as you are not here to work. You are here for business meetings and the like.

Thanks again.

The 600 visa is not appropriate visa for the activities you have mentioned. The activities undertaken certainly sound like work to me and the fact you have received compensation and employer paid accommodation all supports that. You say you are gathering information for when you go back, but you are applying for a 457 visa so you are not going back, you clearly intend to carry out the work here and it sounds like you have been doing the first stages.

There are temporary business visas for attending meetings and so on and you ought to have obtained one of these. The visa you have is for tourism and you have breached it. So the answer to your question is unchanged.