Obsession with tra portal

nancy and paul

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol can I ask, how long you have been waiting and what trade are you having assessed? I done mine last year and it was refused, I'm going to resubmit it shortly and hoping they have improved on the 6+ month wait?

edit: my bad english - friday tiredness..

Edited by Spherian

It's awful mines wasn't submitted until nov so still early days for me, but heard there getting them in as little of 30/40 days. Just feel the need to keep checking though just incase. I'm being assessed as a hairdresser because I'm self employed it took so long to get all the relevant paperwork. Feels like a lifetime. What about you what are you being assessed on and what reason for refusal. Nancy

Honestly, I don't even know the reason why I was refused I never actually received the letter because I went travelling and because it took so long, I missed out on the 5 years experiance within 2 years and then I was going to go back home so just accepted it and moved on.(just noticed the online portal said "refused" or decliend or whatever ... In the end I started to study to get some quals and work exp so I am going to try again. I am doing IT Technician so we will see.. 30 days would be great.

Hi all, not seen many posts recently about tra. Is there any one else patiently waiting for the awaiting assessment status to change. It is so addictive I even found myself checking over the holidays even although I knew they were closed.

Ha Ha, your post brought back old memories. Oh the obsession of checking the portal, it drives you in sane doesn't it?!!!!

I think TRA have got their act together now and are a lot better at getting the assessments through - OH's took 41 days from acknowledgement. Some have been as quick as 35 days.

Good Luck and hope you Guys hear soon.

That's what I though so hopefully mid jan to get an outcome and hopefully move on to the next stage, either that or have a nervous breakdown.lol. You must be so excited to be nearly at the end, are you planning on going soon.

The plan is to go to Perth beg of Aug, but you know what best laid plans are like!! OH does not really mind when he goes, but I would prefer to go out there in the winter. I don't relish the prospect of a hot summer here (Spain) and then going to a hot summer with all the running around and stress that we know we will have once we arrive.

We still have not sold our house yet and we will not leave until we have done this so a bit of a worry at the moment, although we have had two viewings today, so hopefully might be good news soon.

Also, have just started the process for the dogs aka Hooligans getting their blood tests done and then have to wait 180 days before they can enter quarantine in Oz.

Until we have the final nod, we are trying not to think about it (well trying).

Really nervous about the meds, never had one before and I am petrified of hospitals, so not good for the old blood pressure either.

How about you?

Fingers crossed for you with the viewings, we looked into spain and france to live but just not enough work for my other half.We're the same hoping to go out at the end of the year. But until tra comes back can't make any plans. Got 3 hooligans aswell ones really sick at the mo so spent the day crying, the other one will be 11 shortly and think it may be too much to take him and can't start with the wee ones jabs until we've got an idea of what's happening. So the plan is we' ll get there when we get there.x

Nanacy, my IELTS is set for 2nd February, and I am so afraid about the TRA outcome, because I have just read 65 pages of various TRA stories. My application was deliverded by UPS yesterday, and I am now waiting for the TRA number :) I am not afraid of IAELTS, TRA is my nightmare :frown:

Nanacy, my IELTS is set for 2nd February, and I am so afraid about the TRA outcome, because I have just read 65 pages of various TRA stories. My application was deliverded by UPS yesterday, and I am now waiting for the TRA number :) I am not afraid of IAELTS, TRA is my nightmare :frown:

You should be ;) lol

:) I am satisfied even with mark 7, I have the additional points for NAATI translator, so I don`t have to worry. Even with score 7, I would have around 70-75 points, becasuse I have a university degree as well :yes:. I had difficulties in finishing my studies, and then started hairdresser app. , and remained in this profession even after graduation. What about you ? Did you take IAELTS ?

We were scared witless with the TRA assessment.

We had read and heard of so many people being knocked back for one reason or another.

If you read the guidelines thoroughly and double check your documents that you are sending, you should be fine.

We sent the following as a guide:

AQF III plus transcript and letter from Assessor

Qualifcations and Training Certificates together with transcripts plus detailed notes on transcripts

Self employed tax returns (8 years) translated

Letter from Accountant, Business registration and certificate

Letter from lawyer with legal documentation

21 testmonials from clients

3 detailed testimonials from clients

Advertising and promotional material

Statutory Declaration outlining training, job description and day to day duties

TRA are normally more stringent when self employed people, so if you are employed and have all the necessary paperwork, P60's and payslips, you should be fine.

Good Luck.

Thanks Candygirl, I have read a lot of post, some of yours as well so I know how the process went. I am worried because I come from a country which does not have AQF, and we do not do so much paperwork. I did not want to certify and pay for translations of 120 payslips so I have sent ten annual tax forms stating the name of the employer and my name and the total amount paid, and taxed. A friend of mine, also a hairdresser got a TRA assessment, in 2006. without any formal diploma, and without any payslips or tax documentation, all in all with some 10 papers in total, I guess she was lucky. I sent :

-Apprentichip diploma, job description and working contract

-Hairdersser diploma, diploma supplement, and a short description of subjects ( apprenticeship combined with of the job training ), permanent working contract

-Employment statement from my employer

-A letter from the bookkeeper

-10 annual taxation forms

-Three recommendation letters from clients ( teacher, civil engineer, and a police officer )

-Working recommendation from my employer

-Duty statement

-Description of my jobs, duties and tools I used

I have one employer, so it is easier :)

Now, we will see if it is any good. The thing is, I can not open my own shop here, because of my working contract, and I was thinking of starting my own shop in Australia. I went to Australia last year, and I really liked it, and I would like to live in Perth. Where will you go, to which part ?

Thanks Candygirl, I have read a lot of post, some of yours as well so I know how the process went. I am worried because I come from a country which does not have AQF, and we do not do so much paperwork. I did not want to certify and pay for translations of 120 payslips so I have sent ten annual tax forms stating the name of the employer and my name and the total amount paid, and taxed. A friend of mine, also a hairdresser got a TRA assessment, in 2006. without any formal diploma, and without any payslips or tax documentation, all in all with some 10 papers in total, I guess she was lucky. I sent :

-Apprentichip diploma, job description and working contract

-Hairdersser diploma, diploma supplement, and a short description of subjects ( apprenticeship combined with of the job training ), permanent working contract

-Employment statement from my employer

-A letter from the bookkeeper

-10 annual taxation forms

-Three recommendation letters from clients ( teacher, civil engineer, and a police officer )

-Working recommendation from my employer

-Duty statement

-Description of my jobs, duties and tools I used

I have one employer, so it is easier :)

Now, we will see if it is any good. The thing is, I can not open my own shop here, because of my working contract, and I was thinking of starting my own shop in Australia. I went to Australia last year, and I really liked it, and I would like to live in Perth. Where will you go, to which part ?

The AQF is an Australian qualification, so unless you studied in Aus, no one would have this. My husband got his AQF by using a skills agents based in the UK, who liaised with the college in Aus. We did everything online, even the 3 hour technical interview as the last stage of the process.

I think you have been quite thorough in what you have sent, but not sure about the payslips. TRA have insisted on this with some people in the past, but let's hope you don't encounter any problems.

If you have sent everything on their checklist at the end of the guidelines, you should be OK. Good Luck.

We are still not sure which part of Perth we will settle in. This will depend upon the work situation. At the moment, we are concentrating on making sure we can get over there.

I have noticed that TRA allowed people to send additional documents, so I guess they would allow us to send additional papers. The thing is, who keeps 10 years old payslips ? I know a few people from my country who have sent only basic paperwork and got the assessment. That was 5 years ago, and I know that it is more difficult now. We will see, I am qualified and have 7 years of working experience, Australia needs such people. I know that the goverment pays for unemployed people to go to Hairdresser courses. Have you noticed that, due to perfect social security, a quite number of young Australians are not motivated to study or work at all ? I was shocked when I went there and met people who quite well live on goverment back. It is a good thing for us migrants, because that is one of the reason Australia imports skilled workers. When do you expect to get the visa ? My friend got hers in February,SS WA, and the deadline to enter was the end of December.

I have noticed that TRA allowed people to send additional documents, so I guess they would allow us to send additional papers. The thing is, who keeps 10 years old payslips ? I know a few people from my country who have sent only basic paperwork and got the assessment. That was 5 years ago, and I know that it is more difficult now. We will see, I am qualified and have 7 years of working experience, Australia needs such people. I know that the goverment pays for unemployed people to go to Hairdresser courses. Have you noticed that, due to perfect social security, a quite number of young Australians are not motivated to study or work at all ? I was shocked when I went there and met people who quite well live on goverment back. It is a good thing for us migrants, because that is one of the reason Australia imports skilled workers. When do you expect to get the visa ? My friend got hers in February,SS WA, and the deadline to enter was the end of December.

Hi,

We did not have OH's payslips as we destroyed them when we had a "clear out" for our move over here and our previous employer did not have them as he had sold the business and the new owner had destroyed the old paperwork. In the UK, it is normal for businesses to keep tax records for 5 years. We spoke to the Tax Office in the UK and they also confirmed that they could not supply copy tax info as their records only went back to 2003. We had a Statutory Declaration done stating all of this and TRA accepted it.

I am afraid to say the system over the last 5 years has changed an awful lot, so personally I would not rely on what someone has done a few years ago.

When we get the visa? How long is a piece of string!!:biggrin:

Ha, that`s a good one :) A friend of mine, applied for WA SS in October 2011 and in February 2012 got the visa, hope you will get yours very quickly.

About the pay slips, copies exist at the bookkeeper`s office, but I did`t want to certify and pay for translations of 120 payslips ! It would cost me about 1500 $ , so I just sent annual tax form, with the official stamp, which is in my point of view better evidence than the payslip, because, payslips here are just a piece of paper, without any stamp. Also, I sent my application via UPS, so paying for another 360 pieces of paper ( certified copy of the payslips and 2 papers of translation, one of the payslip and one of the certification-multiplied by 120 ) was not an option. I took a certificate from the bookkeeper to confirm that according to their data I have worked and got salary in the company I enlisted. If necessary, I will have to pay another 300 $ for review and 1500 $ for certification and translation :cry:, but I hope that that won`t be the case. Do you remember, after TRA received your application via mail, how long did it take them to issue TRA number and send you ? My application was received on 9th January, and I am waiting for TRA number :unsure:. I want to be OBSESSED with TRA portal as well , but first I must get a number :cute:

I sent the papers to TRA on 7 Sept. They acknowledged them on 21/09. On the form it says how do you want to be notified and we ticked email, but they sent a letter in the post with our reference on it. We kept checking the portal most days for the result and then you will receive a hard copy in the post with the reference number for your EOI.

Finger's crossed that the payslips won't be a problem. We sent 8 years worth of tax returns. We have to complete a tax return in Spain each quarter and each return could be as many as 13 pages each, so we too had quite a bit of paperwork to be translated. We paid approx €400 for the translations and then I flew back to the UK to get all the TRA papers certified by a solicitor there which cost £50. In Spain, they had quoted €2000!!

Good Luck.