Evidence of genuine relationship - partner visa

Guest ellynandpaul

Guest ellynandpaul

Hi everyone!!

We are almost ready to send off our Visa! VERY excited! I am missing Australia so so much, so to get Paul his Visa will be so amazing. Fingers crossed! :)

Anyway, we have one question- for our 'Evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing' (we have written our statements and have 3 statutory declarations from Aus) do we have to get documents certified? We have bank statements etc which show we have lived together for the last 12 months to send off, but we're not sure if they need to be certified or if they want the originals?

If so, do they need to be certified by a Notary Public? (we had one certify our birth certificates, passports etc)

Thanks so much for your help!

Hope you are all well :)

Ellyn and Paul xx

Guest rache&matt

Hi,

The statutory decs from Aus will have been done on the legal stat dec form which is the legal form for Australia, so they should have been certified in Australia, you dont have to get them certified again here.

Your declarations about each other and the household etc do not have to be certified, just signed by yourself.

I got all the bills, bank statements etc copied and ceritifed by a solicitor, did the job lot for a reasonable fee. The notary I contacted was much more expensive than solicitor.

Havent got my visa yet but Immi say all is good, justwaiting for my turn now.

Hope this helps.

Guest ellynandpaul

Thanks for your help! will have to get in contact with a solicitor to see if they can do the certified copies of utility bills etc alot cheaper. we had to pay £100 for 6 certified copies at the Notary Public! ugh!

I already have all of the Stat Decs from Aus. They were all certified before sent. We basically just have to get copies of bills etc to prove we have lived at the same address for 12 months now!

i cant wait!

thanks again! xx

Guest rache&matt

Notaries are expensive, you will find that most solicitors charge around £5 per copy.

We just sent bank statements, utilities, mortgage statement, life insurance.

We also sent some joint invitations and cards sent to us as a couple and to each other, these all got sent back to us within a week or so as we sen originals.

Good luck, we sent ours late October and they say will get visa end of March so 5 months approx.

Good luck with the application process - keep us updated!

We'll be applying for our partner visa in a couple of months and are also heading out to Adelaide - where my OH's family is.

We're heading out to Glenelg initially but then hope to move on to Melbourne - for the live music mainly (I'm from Brighton in the UK and we're a bit spoiled for choice down here).

Whereabouts are you heading?

Guest ellynandpaul

Oh wow! Well I am from South Plympton in Adelaide which isn't too far from Glenelg at all! :)

My mum still lives there so we will be living with her for a couple of months untill we can get back on our feet. Paul absolutely loves Adelaide so we can't wait to move back! I have been in the UK for 12 months now and am missing home so much!!

We are a bit nervous about getting all of the evidence together! We have quite a bit of stuff but still worried it isn't enough. We live with Paul's brother and pay him rent privately so we don't have any rental agreements etc. We also don't pay any council tax which is a shame as I know it is a very good form of evidence to use with the Visa application. Does anyone know if they will accept a statement written by Paul's brother, to explain that we have been living with him for the past year, paying him rent privately and living as an independent couple, sharing household duties, costs etc?

so bloody nerve racking!!

Thanks everyone!!!

Ellyn xx :cute:

Hi,

I managed to use a Justice of the Peace certify all of my documents for free (i found out she is a JP through my work!) but i initially i just looked at Solicitors listed in local yellow pages and started ringing local ones for prices, some were expensive and i did find one that would do the lot for ten quid (fund for cakes at work!!). She was really nice and very helpful. Didn't use her in the end due to finding the JP as stated above.

Maybe try my suggestion and see what deal you can get, you might be pleasantly surprised. Hope this helps and good luck!!

our solicitor charged us £2.50 per copy. We sent originals of the bank statements and never got them certified.

Also, because we each owned our own house when we met most of our bills were seperate so no joint mortgage or counil tax etc. However, we did have joint car insurance, and joint health insurance plus receipts for familiy holidays for the last 5 yrs.

We included a selection of photos of us together in a veriety of places and sporting several different hair styles (me not him lol)

Good luck, hope you get your visa soon.

You don't have to get bills and stuff certified - just birth certificates, marriage cert, passport pages. We sent off a huge envelope of mortgage statements, bills, council tax, insurances all from various years and had it all sent back in a couple of weeks. In the Partner booklet it states when something needs to be certified.

Ellyn - I would get a stat dec from your OH brother but you will also have to make sure you have enough evidence to show you are living together - car insurance with both of you named, life insurance, bank statements, if you have paid your rent by online banking - might be a good way of showing living together.

Hope it all works out for everyone applying - very stressful - but worth it in the end!! Good Luck

Archived