Australian citizen applying for spouse visa from Pakistan

Guest Sadaf Shiraz

Guest Sadaf Shiraz

Hello Everyone!

I am an Australian citizen currently living in Pakistan for the past 4 years. I have a husband here and 2 daughters aged 3 and 2. I am trying to apply for spouse visa for my partner. We couldn't apply before due to family problems but now I have conceived for the third one and I just want to go back. Everyone says it will take 6-9 months but I want to go in another 3-4 months, because I have to my baby there. I am just so fed up of living here and in so much tension. I had another question which is regarding my passport, Australian passport which is expired. Can I send in the application and send the passport later when it arrives? I think I shouldn't have to wait for the new passport because after all I am a citizen. Assurance of support is not a problem, because my husband has an okay bank balance needed for living in Australia for at least a year. And I also have my husband's and kids' passports ready. Please help me out here. I don't know if I have left out anything. I am just so stressed out. :wideeyed:

You don't apply for the Partner visa for your husband. He must apply for it with you as his sponsor. A sponsor only needs to provide evidence of their Australian citizenship and if you were born before 20 August 1986, your Australian birth certificate will be sufficient proof. If you are a naturalised citizen, your citizenship certificate will be sufficient.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/_pdf/309-100-checklist.pdf 309/100 Partner visa Application Document Checklist. You only need to provide the documentation listed for the sponsor.

Spouse applications from HR counties always take much longer than from low risk countries. A young chap I know from the Philippines had a long term wife and almost 2 year old child before the family were allowed to join him here though he had lived in Aus since he was a kid. All you can do is put your paperwork in and wait and if that means leaving your husband if you want your baby to be born in Aus that may be what you have to do. I'd suggest getting a good agent.

Archived