Medicals Done: Getting Excited!

anniefrombath

Hi Pomz In Oz gang,

I'm so pleased I found you lot!!! All this emigration malarky can be pretty daunting/emotional/exciting/exhausting, can't it? We had our medicals yesterday, and the police-check certificate requests are in the post.... could this be the last bit of waiting in a very very (very) long process? :arghh:

Hoping to get to Melbourne...

Annie

Skills Assess Submitted ACS Online 06-04-11, Positive Skills Assess Letter 03-08-2011, IELTS (overall 9.0) 06-May-2011,

176 (Family Sponsored) Visa Submitted Online 09-09-11 + De-Facto Partner attached, CO Appointed 26-03-12, Health Assess 04-04-12 & Police Checks Sent Off....

Hi Annie,

Ahh best of luck! We are kinda the same, Melbourne bound... medicals done last week and scanned police docs in this week...so just waiting now but believe that the end of the very long wait is in-sight !!!! Although as I'm starting to realise all the "HARD WORK" is about to start!!!

And all the best to you guys! I know - LOTS to do ahead! We'll do it!

A

Hi Annie,

Ahh best of luck! We are kinda the same, Melbourne bound... medicals done last week and scanned police docs in this week...so just waiting now but believe that the end of the very long wait is in-sight !!!! Although as I'm starting to realise all the "HARD WORK" is about to start!!!

Totally 10/10 for effort to us all!! At least everything happens in stages - thinking back on all the cumulative effort - it's immense!

Good luck to you - you prob won't know what to do with yourself when it's all done and dusted and you get your life back! We all get 10/10 for effort! All the best......

• 2 weeks later...

Wooo hoo! Police certificates uploaded today. Could it be the last hurdle? (Apart from quitting job, selling house, moving house, finding house, finding job....)

I hope my fellow applicants are going well: what a long process, eh!

Annie

xx

Skills Assess Submitted ACS Online 06-04-11, Positive Skills Assess Letter 03-08-2011, IELTS (overall 9.0) 06-May-2011,

176 (Family Sponsored) Visa Submitted Online 09-09-11 + De-Facto Partner attached, CO Appointed 26-03-12, Health Assess 04-04-12 & Police Certificates Uploaded 19-04-2012

Oh, my, god. Visa Granted. Now what :chatterbox:

176 (Family Sponsored) Visa Submitted Online 09-09-11 + De-Facto Partner attached, CO Appointed 26-03-12, Health Assess 04-04-12 & 19-04-12 Police Checks Sent Off, 20-04-12 Visa Granted

Oh, my, god. Visa Granted. Now what :chatterbox:

176 (Family Sponsored) Visa Submitted Online 09-09-11 + De-Facto Partner attached, CO Appointed 26-03-12, Health Assess 04-04-12 & 19-04-12 Police Checks Sent Off, 20-04-12 Visa Granted

Ah congrats,well done!! :yes:Now the tears of happiness & saddness (goodbyes) begin instead of tears of stress & anxiety!!:wacko:

Enjoy your celebrations this evening xx:wubclub:

Guest Nikaneddie

Hi Annie! I'm Nikki, 26, I am originally from Somerset (mendips area) and living in ireland for past 9 years. My fiance and I recieved our 4yr visa's a couple of weeks ago and are moving to melbourne in june. I am so terrified, excited, and really really anxious... I mean proper, full blown anxiousness!!! I keep telling myself it is such a huge change I am bound to feel stressed but I'm hoping I will chill out a bit when we arrive and everything settles! How are you dealing with it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nikki, It's a massive emotional rollercoaster isn't it!! We're hoping to hand in notice at work in July (3 months notice we have to give!) and head out October-time. Soooo much to do before then, though!!! One day we'll look back on it all and smile :) You don't have long to go? Where in Melbs are you hoping to live? Annie x

Hi Annie! I'm Nikki, 26, I am originally from Somerset (mendips area) and living in ireland for past 9 years. My fiance and I recieved our 4yr visa's a couple of weeks ago and are moving to melbourne in june. I am so terrified, excited, and really really anxious... I mean proper, full blown anxiousness!!! I keep telling myself it is such a huge change I am bound to feel stressed but I'm hoping I will chill out a bit when we arrive and everything settles! How are you dealing with it?

Archived