State Sponsorship Agreement - Money transfer obligation

EugeneS

Hi folks!

I got my SS from WA and already lodged for a visa. Now just waiting..

My question is regarding the obligation regarding the money transfer which is mentioned in the SS agreement. There is a following paragraph there:

You transfer around 40K$ into Western Australia for living costs and domestic arrangements.

I wonder how strict are the government to this obligation? Since the moment I signed the agreement things are changed and I'm not sure I can transfer this amount of money now.

When I take into account the around word, which is mentioned in the agreement, I assume they will not argue if there are minor differences. But what if the total amount will be far less than 40K$?

Thanks!

I think, quite a few people (including me) have some kind of money transfer clause in the agreement. From the several posts I read and an agent I talked to said "they don't check for this".

It is very likely that $40k is around the same amount you put during the WA application and their expectation is that you eventually transfer those funds to WA to support yourself.

• 2 months later...
I think, quite a few people (including me) have some kind of money transfer clause in the agreement. From the several posts I read and an agent I talked to said "they don't check for this".

It is very likely that $40k is around the same amount you put during the WA application and their expectation is that you eventually transfer those funds to WA to support yourself.

Thank you for your answer.

I wonder if anyone encountered this situation personally or heard of someone who had troubles since NOT transferring this amount of money?

Thanks!

You transfer around 40K$ into Western Australia for living costs and domestic arrangements.

Does it really say that? On mine (granted last week) it says "You have access to $$ for living costs and domestic arrangements in WA."

Anyhow, I don't think it means transferring money into a bank account, rather into the economy - in other words spending it.

I applied to WA yesterday for my state sponsorship. I did not speak to an agent and mentioned a smaller amount on the application as available as liquid assets. I thus got a reply back today asking to confirm if I have access to $20 000 per single applicant. There are 2 adults and 2 children on my application and I thus replied to them stating that in addition to several family members living in WA and who have agreed to assist in setting us up. I have access to $40 000 plus additional (did not specify amounts). I know you guys are not the ones receiving my reply (I.E> don't work for that dept) but do you think that will be ok.