Moving To The Sunshine Coast In 2 Months Needs Some Friends

Guest chel-sea123

Guest chel-sea123

MY Name is chelsea and i am 12 years old and i am moving to the sunshine coast.

IN 2 months and i am looking for some friends. So at leats i know some one from around there or betta in the school i am going to. i do not know what school i am going to yet.:)

Is there anyone around my age that can tell me anythink about school over there, and what there is to do out of school.

hopefull i will speek to you soon

chelsea

Hi Chelsea,

Wow, only 2 months to go - I remember my daughter Alex and I having really mixed feelings at this time, being excited that we were going to Aus, but scared we wouldn't like it or make friends. Your mum and dad probably feel the same way as you do. Are you having a party for your friends? Alex had one and she really enjoyed it.

I don't know what schools are like on the sunshine coast,(we live in Perth). and although Alex had started high school in the UK year 7 was primary school so she's been back at Primary for a year, but hasn't minded as it's given her an opporunity to make some friends. They're having a big graduation ceremoney where they'll do a show and they also have a dance.

Alex and her little brother (8) have had no problems making friends here, there are so many people coming from other countries that you never seem to be a new kid for long (so they tell me). Interestingly, Alex's best friends are both Australians so I'm sure you'll have no trouble settling in. She's looking forward to starting high school in February

There's lots to do outside school if you want it (sports etc.), Alex has riding lessons every week in term time, we love going to the beach or going to the park or beach for a bar-b-q.

You'll probably find that you pick up australian phrases much quicker than your mum and dad, e.g. sweets are lollies and now when my two ask for lollies I still think of things on a stick, crisps are chips etc., and no doubt your mum and dad will get as confused as I do (but you'll take it in your stride).

Enjoy your last Christmas in cold England - it is really odd havning Christmas in the Sunshine!!, take lots of photo's of your mates and don't forget to get addressess etc., some will keep in touch and others won't so don't be disappointed if that happens - we'd only been here 2 months when Alex said she didn't miss people as much as she thought she would.

Luv n Stuff

Ali x

Hey Chelsea,

welcome2-1.gif

I am sure there will be some one around your age on soon, if they are already over there it may be a wee bit early, think it is around 8am over there now.

My niece was 16 and my nephew was 10 when they moved to Melbourne, my niece was really not a happy bunny at the thought of going but she is now at Uni and lovin it big time. My nephew loves the school, much cooler teacher apparently and he has made loads of friends and he is still in touch with a few friends from uk.

they moved about 3 yrs ago

nice to meet you

Karen:wubclub:

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi Chelsea!

Where abouts on the sunshine coast are you headed? My little boy is 7 and cant wait!

Jo will probably post you a reply as well, as she lives on the sunshine coast with her son Charlie and daughter Gabz.

Good luck with the move!

Lou

Hi Chelsea,

I'm afraid it's another adult posting on your thread but I thought you might like to hear from a teacher's point of view.

I'm a primary school teacher and moved 2 and 1/2 months ago to Melbourne with my husband Michael. It was very scary expecially as I hadn't actually got a teaching job sorted out. I've been doing some supply teaching which hasn't been too bad. I was really worried about it to begin with, you know what kids are like with a supply teacher!!!! But the schools here are great. I think teachers try a lot harder to make learning interesting and fun - I reckon you'll settle in really quickly.

Moving country is hard, we all had to say goodbye to people we really care about but you will have a fab time here. I can't believe how often we've been to the beach - more than we ever did in a year in England. Barbies are great and everyone loves hearing an English accent. You'll make friends in no time and it's so easy to keep in touch with people back home. I spent over 2 hours on the webcam with my Mum and Dad this morning and I email my friends all the time.

Take care and keep visiting the website - if you have any questions someone will try and help you out, and if you don't want to talk to Mum and Dad about it, come and ask some of us on here - we won't mind!

Fizz (my real name is Felicity):cute:

Guest chel-sea123

Hi

thank yhoo guys for helping me out

i have some more questions but i will have to ask you later.

i am going in to town to get people cristmas prezzie.

bye

speek to you later

chelsea:smile:

p.s we are moving to a place called maroochydore

can some of you guys help me and tell me what it is like there plz

Guest Sharon1

:cute:Hi,my name's Jasmine and im 11.I so cannot wait till me and my family move to oz,its a whole new life out there! I'v got a younger brother called Charlie and he is 7.We're hoping to move to the sunshine coast.

Bye for now Jasmine.:)

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Chelsea, how you doing?????? I'll get Emma to come and have a chat with you tomorrow, when it's her turn on the computer, it's Matthew's turn today. Hope you are keeping well and didn't spend to much of dad's money out christmas shopping today, lol

KP Nuts

Guest chel-sea123

Hi

jasmine :)

yer it is well good moving to oz init ../?

i have a yonger brother to my brother is 3

do you know what part of the sunshine coast you are going to.

speek to you later

bye bye

chelsea

Hi kim

yer i should be online to speek to emma tomore

if matts online to night i will probley speek to him as well

i got loads of cristmas prezzie today well mum and dad and friends.

i dont know haw much money i spent.

and i got some snaps for me tonight the mint snaps (food)

what time will emma be online tomore so i dont miss her i go online when ever.

speek to you later

bye bye

chelsea:)

Guest matt1010

HEY CHELSE WHAT U BEEN UP 2. I AIN'T TALKED 2 U 4 AGES HOPE U CAN LEAVE ME A MESSAGE THANKS

EMMA!?!?!?!:arghh:

P.S DID U GET ME A PREZZIE :unsure: LOL!!! IM SEROUSE LOL:shocked:

NOT!

Guest chel-sea123

Hi emma

what have you been up to then

i am lissing to music and doing my home work and talking to you

so what do you think of oz then

can wait to go.

but dont want to leave my friends (ever one says that)

gtg speak to you later

chelsea

:)

Guest Sharon1

:unsure:Hi Chelsea,I don't know what part of the sunshine coast yet, because were going to have a look around.

Bye for now Jasmine:yes:

p.s Sorry for replying late.

Guest Sharon1

:unsure:Hi Chelsea,I don't know what part of the sunshine coast yet, because were going to have a look around.

Bye for now Jasmine:yes:

Guest chel-sea123

Hi jasmine

that is ok

yer i want to have a look round to

what do you think of the school over there

speek to you late

chelsea

Guest Sharon1

Hi Chelsea,dont know what part of sunshine coast yet because going to have a look.

Bye for now Jasmine:wub:

Guest Sharon1

:v_SPIN:hi chelsea, yes i do like high school musical.I want a high school musical bedroom in oz.:spinny:

bye for now Jasmine:wubclub:

Guest Sharon1

:swoon:Hi Chelsea,yes like that picture,it's really nice.I'v got to go now,i'll speak to you tomorrow after 3:30 when i come out of school.

Speak soon Jasmine:cool:

Archived