DRC ( RSMS/ENS ) Timeline

KK SANDHU

Also agree with ocumar61 re the quota's,! The will have targets to meet and prob maximum amounts of visas that can be granted per month!

If you read the executive summary in this report the Department is doing what they are supposed to do (at least in 2011/2012). However, I am sure the Minister does not feel the pain we all are experiencing, nor does he know about the magnitude of the current mess.

DIAC is happy to take your money once you apply for a visa, and then add you to the bottom of their processing queue, but doesn't like to own up to the mess they have created now. As a result no (or limited) communication is sent out to us, so we can't understand what is happening.

Maybe we can start adding some of our thoughts about the migration process here. I am curious how long they will allow us to add comments to that page!! It's not going to look pretty for the Minister once people start adding comments there. If people will just stick to the facts when adding comments, without throwing in their emotions (which is hard I know), maybe something will be done about the mess.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you read the executive summary in this report the Department is doing what they are supposed to do (at least in 2011/2012). However, I am sure the Minister does not feel the pain we all are experiencing, nor does he know about the magnitude of the current mess.

It's an interesting report and the overall conclusion is that DIAC has done what they have been asked to do. They have been 100% on target.

What I do find interesting is:

"As at the 30 June 2012, there were around 31,306 on hand applications (RSMS, ENS, LA)" and planing level for 2012-13 is 47,250

"Demand in the RSMS category was 29,866 lodgements" but only 16,471 visa's was granted (as planned).

This means that they must have around 13,395 un-processed RSMS visa applications in their system, leaving only space for another 3000 RSMS applications for 2012-13 (and that number should have been reached during July).

This means that they must have around 13,395 un-processed RSMS visa applications in their system, leaving only space for another 3000 RSMS applications for 2012-13 (and that number should have been reached during July).

Good pick up Perthsunshine! This is the type of information I want to uncover and present back to DIAC, or even the Minister. If we use all the information that is in people's heads through dealing with MA or DIAC, or even reading up on published DIAC documents, we can uncover a lot of the mess that is going on at DIAC.

So... what do you think is going to happen. Processing times for 2012/13 (especially for non-DRC) will be a lot longer than people have been told. If the Minister wants to look good and meet the 2012/13 target in June 2013 his Department will have to slow down the applications quite significantly (although RSMS visa have top priority when it comes to processing). Processing times for non-DRC RSMS 12 months or more???

PerthSunshine, I think we are on to something here!! It is going to be interesting to see how DIAC's Client Service Charter is going to change - e.g. processing times.

I think we can use this information and pump our MAs for information about this. If we all request our MAs to comment on it, I am sure one of them will spill the beans on what is really happening at DIAC. Under the Freedom of Information Act I am sure DIAC will have to release information with regards to their pipeline. I guess the Media would like to write an article about that... Which one of them is backing the opposition? Any journos in this forum?

...If the Minister wants to look good and meet the 2012/13 target in June 2013 his Department will have to slow down the applications quite significantly (although RSMS visa have top priority when it comes to processing). Processing times for non-DRC RSMS 12 months or more???...

If the above numbers that were uncovered by Perthsunshine are the actual pipeline numbers (or close to it), the MAs will be wanting to find allies to leak that information to either the ombudsman or the media because it will hurt their business big time. Imagine that they cannot do any DRC cases for 2012/13 as the DIAC quota have already been theoretically reached one month into the new year (when looking at the application numbers in the current DIAC pipeline)!!

Can you explain those figures you came up with? It seems to me they are comparing this years with last years. If they only had 31k already, but places for 47k then surely the 31k are the unprocessed numbers and will come out of the 47k as thus year has just started? The other numbers are in past tense (so I assume last year they didn't grant as many as they had spots for).

I just don't understand where your figures cone from.

What I do find interesting is:

"As at the 30 June 2012, there were around 31,306 on hand applications (RSMS, ENS, LA)" and planing level for 2012-13 is 47,250

"Demand in the RSMS category was 29,866 lodgements" but only 16,471 visa's was granted (as planned).

Can you explain those figures you came up with? It seems to me they are comparing this years with last years. If they only had 31k already, but places for 47k then surely the 31k are the unprocessed numbers and will come out of the 47k as thus year has just started?

Yes - this is the total number for RSMS, ENS & LA.

The other numbers are in past tense (so I assume last year they didn't grant as many as they had spots for).

DIAC state that they received 29866 RSMS lodgements in 2011-12, but only granted 16471 Visa's (as planned). Numbers of un-processed applications from last year in the pipeline: 29886 - 16471 = 13415.

From that number can we subtract:

1) Number of applications that wasn't granted because applicants didn't full fill DIAC's requirements

2) People who has withdrawn their application for various reasons

But I doubt that it's a lot. I think that the number of RSMS lodgements and visa grants has been well balanced most of the year, but the lodgement just exploded in June, as people was unsure about what would happen under the new skillselect system.

Another reason could be the change of RCB requirements. Until end of March was it a requirement to advertise for at least 3 month for the particular position, before you could get the position nominated. That would have increased the numbers of applicants in April, May & June.

Good pick up Perthsunshine! This is the type of information I want to uncover and present back to DIAC, or even the Minister. If we use all the information that is in people's heads through dealing with MA or DIAC, or even reading up on published DIAC documents, we can uncover a lot of the mess that is going on at DIAC.

I think there is two issues:

1) Un-processed applications from 2011-12:

Let's assume that there are roughly 13,000 RSMS un-processed applications and 1,000 will be refused (fictive number). DIAC has in average processed approx. 1500 RSMS visa's / month. 12.000 divided with 1500 = 8 month (if they only focus on their backlog).

They have already said that the expected process time has been extended with a few month from the originally 5-8 month. Furthermore does DIAC state that only 75% of all applications are processed within the timeframe given.

Personally don't I think the time frame will change that much. But the time where you could get at visa granted in a few weeks will be rare.

2) Applications lodged in 2012-13:

I don't see that the total numbers granted will change and the goal will maintain the target around 16500 RSMS visa's. But they might change the requirement to control the future amount of applications. Re-introducing the job advertising requirement, raise the English requirement, require all applicants to have their skills assets etc.

Remember DIAC have the power to modify the criteria to meet the demand. The 189 visa is a good example, as they can chose not to invite anyone with points less than 70 (fictive example) if they get to many applicant. Keep in mind that the overall goal for DIAC is to attract the best and most qualified people around the world. That's why English skills, Educational background and relevant job experience is essential for the point tested visa's.

So... what do you think is going to happen. Processing times for 2012/13 (especially for non-DRC) will be a lot longer than people have been told. If the Minister wants to look good and meet the 2012/13 target in June 2013 his Department will have to slow down the applications quite significantly (although RSMS visa have top priority when it comes to processing). Processing times for non-DRC RSMS 12 months or more???

Please see my comment above. I think that most applications will be processed within 6-10 month. People just have to get used to the idea that visa's wont be processed overnight, as it was the case in 2011-12.

PerthSunshine, I think we are on to something here!! It is going to be interesting to see how DIAC's Client Service Charter is going to change - e.g. processing times.

Hehe - I don't think you should put much into that document. When have you seen DIAC answer the phone within 2 min or severed you within 10 min at their offices?

I think we can use this information and pump our MAs for information about this. If we all request our MAs to comment on it, I am sure one of them will spill the beans on what is really happening at DIAC. Under the Freedom of Information Act I am sure DIAC will have to release information with regards to their pipeline. I guess the Media would like to write an article about that... Which one of them is backing the opposition? Any journos in this forum?

I can't tell what's going on inside DIAC. But it seems like they are doing a good effort to clear the 175 & 176 backlog. The huge amount of RSMS applications in June has been unexpected and I reckon they are in a process of analyzing what to do with the new application under skillselect (increase the bar for new applicants etc.).

They can't do much about the backlog - it's just a waiting game. But I do believe that they will use more time to control that all information are correct and this might lead to a higher rate of refused applications. I don't see the total number will be changed and nor do I see a change in the process time.

I hadn't thought about their quotes and need to fulfil service levels. You bright buttons!

I was expecting the DIAC to have updated the processing times on the Client Service Charter by now. We are now in August and the DIAC would of seen the ongoing backlog build up and increase of cases submitted in June - surely there must be contingency plans in place for such situations. There must be a similar rush every year prior to the 1st July as there are always some changes although granted, this year the changes have been more significant than previously.

IMO its the not knowing how long its going to take rather than the wait itself that makes the whole process quite frustrating.

...The huge amount of RSMS applications in June has been unexpected...

I do not agree that they were 'unexpected'. If DIAC had done any serious risk assessment they would have seen this coming, and would have prepared accordingly. It's not that in the past they have dealt with this type of thing - i.e. change of law. They could have expected the massive influx of applications because people by nature do not like change. As a result they will apply while they know what the law is, they don't want to apply under something that is not clear to them.

The advantage that DIAC has is that they can change the rules at any moment in time, and from a financial point of view they are not suffering either, on the contrary the first thing they probably did is take all our money! Any normal business would have made sure the pipeline would have been reduced to deal with the increased number of applications... but hold on, that doesn't make the Minister look good because he has set maximum quotas for the year.

They can change the entry requirements to the new visas, but how bad will it look if suddenly they are changing the rules only 1 month into the new system!! IMO DIAC overlooked the pipeline when setting the requirements.

And remember, we can only see the tip of the iceberg. How big do you think is the mess under the waterline?

It actually wasn't a requirement with most rcbs to advertise for three months before march.

They all have different rules. My local one insisted on one months advertising (in October timeish I think). I think wa dropped the advertising requirement then, but it was certainly still needed by my rcb after march.

Yes - this is the total number for RSMS, ENS & LA.

DIAC state that they received 29866 RSMS lodgements in 2011-12, but only granted 16471 Visa's (as planned). Numbers of un-processed applications from last year in the pipeline: 29886 - 16471 = 13415.

From that number can we subtract:

1) Number of applications that wasn't granted because applicants didn't full fill DIAC's requirements

2) People who has withdrawn their application for various reasons

But I doubt that it's a lot. I think that the number of RSMS lodgements and visa grants has been well balanced most of the year, but the lodgement just exploded in June, as people was unsure about what would happen under the new skillselect system.

Another reason could be the change of RCB requirements. Until end of March was it a requirement to advertise for at least 3 month for the particular position, before you could get the position nominated. That would have increased the numbers of applicants in April, May & June.

Guest samanset

Lets have some positive energy now,

We were 3 who lodged our DRC ENS exactly at the same time with the same condition on 26 th of June.

5th of july money was taken from the accounts, again same for all, and in the same city.

My friend, had his Ack letter mid july, nomination approval 31st of july and visa granted on 2nd Aug!!!!!!!!:arghh:

Another friend, even our lawyer was same, had nomination approved 22nd of july:arghh:

Mine, even I havent had my Ack letter,

All of us had the same condition and after follow up had the same response from DIAC regarding processing time.

Its all dice and luck, lets crossed fingers and write down something real, instead of negative ones.

hope you all, have your visa granted ASAP.

cheers

My ma said he expects many of the rsms visas to be refused. Good way of getting numbers down.

Ur MA is idiot enough to make comment like that ...how and what ground immi will refuse thousands of applications they can't do it just to reduce nlumbers ..if application doesn't meet requirement only then it can be refused.immi definitely don't want ppl ending up in tribunals and court demanding compensation...its not bacz application numbers going higher its becaz of ppl each application have some of applications have 5 or more ppl including main applicant and family members

Guest ck0914

Hi everyone im new on this thread ive told from MA that mine is applied nomination with drc and visa (non drc cuz police check delayed).Here, i have question.what is different drc (nomi &visa) and my application (only nomi is drc)State: SA rcb submit: 29.mar - approved 21. May Nomi (drc) & visa (non drc) applied same time: 29 juneno ack letter yet :(

...Its all dice and luck, lets crossed fingers and write down something real, instead of negative ones...

cheers

I agree that it is a bit random... however, it is hard to be positive if DIAC can't even tell me if my application is DRC or not, 5 weeks after having submitted the applications. Even my MA has requested a confirmation from DIAC about this... that was almost 2 weeks ago and they haven't bothered to reply to his request that he made through the Agent's gateway. When ringing up about this I was told they could not see a request from my MA, after having told me first that the standard reply time is 2 business days.

The DIAC delays are costing me over $1,000 per month... in addition to the additional MA fees. It would be cheaper to fly to Indonesia and return by boat!!

Ur MA is idiot enough to make comment like that ...how and what ground immi will refuse thousands of applications they can't do it just to reduce nlumbers ..if application doesn't meet requirement only then it can be refused.immi definitely don't want ppl ending up in tribunals and court demanding compensation...its not bacz application numbers going higher its becaz of ppl each application have some of applications have 5 or more ppl including main applicant and family members

He said he expected many to be refused as so many people have been dishonest on their applications. (not as a way to get numbers down, that was me theorising). It seems immigration have had the same thoughts as they are turning up at people's work places. And already there has been one on here refused because of these checks.

People seem to think that just because they have paid their money that they WILL get a visa. I have myself met a few dishonest people after visas, and immigration is harder on everyone because of those few.

He said he expected many to be refused as so many people have been dishonest on their applications. (not as a way to get numbers down, that was me theorising). It seems immigration have had the same thoughts as they are turning up at people's work places. And already there has been one on here refused because of these checks.

People seem to think that just because they have paid their money that they WILL get a visa. I have myself met a few dishonest people after visas, and immigration is harder on everyone because of those few.

Blossom79: Why you are always negative and spread negative energy? Do no take this personally.

Guest alfredv
Blossom79: Why you are always negative and spread negative energy? Do no take this personally.

In a public forum, let us not be critical of someone's personal thoughts or views..

No, I have no problem with the question. I am realistic, not negative. I came here 4.5 years ago and followed every single rule to the letter. I have seen people cheat and lie who now have pr, while I find it harder and harder to get it as rules are made stricter because of these selfish dishonest people.

I had three employers wanting to sponsor me (two without meeting me from the uk) but as my job was so unusual they couldn't sponsor.

I was 20 hours off having my 900 hours for a positive skills assessment when they announced that from the 1st of jan you needed that plus another year and $4k! I had the full 900 hours by that date, but their offices closed for Christmas so I couldn't apply.

Tra couldn't tell me if my work would be accepted towards the years work as it was casual. As soon as they could tell me for sure I applied for the 485 visa. I was two weeks after the later announced cut off date for me to be able to apply for the 885 permanent visa.

My employer agreed to sponsor me. It has taken a year and a half to get to this stage. The first rcb was refused for ridiculous reasons, which didn't apply to us but all the other people trying to screw the system.

Everything has gone wrong for us. My ma told ne not to worry about the rcb, he had never had one turned down, it was perfect etc.

And I see other people who lied and dishonest who everything has worked for. So yes, a bit negative. YEARS of it going wrong takes it's toll.

No, I have no problem with the question. I am realistic, not negative. I came here 4.5 years ago and followed every single rule to the letter. I have seen people cheat and lie who now have pr, while I find it harder and harder to get it as rules are made stricter because of these selfish dishonest people.

I had three employers wanting to sponsor me (two without meeting me from the uk) but as my job was so unusual they couldn't sponsor.

I was 20 hours off having my 900 hours for a positive skills assessment when they announced that from the 1st of jan you needed that plus another year and $4k! I had the full 900 hours by that date, but their offices closed for Christmas so I couldn't apply.

Tra couldn't tell me if my work would be accepted towards the years work as it was casual. As soon as they could tell me for sure I applied for the 485 visa. I was two weeks after the later announced cut off date for me to be able to apply for the 885 permanent visa.

My employer agreed to sponsor me. It has taken a year and a half to get to this stage. The first rcb was refused for ridiculous reasons, which didn't apply to us but all the other people trying to screw the system.

Everything has gone wrong for us. My ma told ne not to worry about the rcb, he had never had one turned down, it was perfect etc.

And I see other people who lied and dishonest who everything has worked for. So yes, a bit negative. YEARS of it going wrong takes it's toll.

I have been here for 5.8 years but still not permanent..I can't blame anyone else for.that its not ppl we should blame for changing law DIAC does that and they are stupid enough to wait for ppl to abuse the system and then change the law ..why they rely on ppl honesty instead making law at first time that works we all know Australia is popular country among migrants so ppl don't delay and wait for others to apply first ...my friend and I arrived in same time to oz I has got his PR 2 YEARS back as he did master in accounting but I am still struggling I can't blame him for that

I blame immigration for not seeing the loop holes that everyone else could see, and letting people get away with it for so long.

And I blame all the dishonest people who COULD have done things the right way, but chose not to because they have no morals. People who have done everything above board I have no problem with. Unfortunately many of them now will find it harder to get visas because some people don't see why they should follow rules.

It actually wasn't a requirement with most rcbs to advertise for three months before march.

They all have different rules. My local one insisted on one months advertising (in October timeish I think). I think wa dropped the advertising requirement then, but it was certainly still needed by my rcb after march.

Really? Wish I knew about that back in January. I was told by a MA that I had to advertise in wajobs, seek and regular newspapers before contacting RCB in Perth.

I think that you are spot on with your comment. Particular hairdressers and cooks has been raising the red flags at DIAC and for the same reason do I believe that DIAC are spending more time at the moment to verify information. Looking at the big picture do I find it great that they sort out the dishonest people, but off course it's sad for all the honest people (and business owners) who suddenly have to wait for a longer processing time.

@blossom79 - thanks for taking your time to share your knowledge and experience with DIAC. It's highly appreciated :-)

The DIAC delays are costing me over $1,000 per month... in addition to the additional MA fees. It would be cheaper to fly to Indonesia and return by boat!!

Hehe - great sense of humor :-)

Archived