Is it worth shipping a Lawnmower?

daveg1980

Guest Guest66881

I wish we had they can get expensive here, make sure it's clean they go over garden items like a scene from CSi.

Flymos don't do it here either really.

You dont see many electric mowers where I am at all. Everyone tends to have petrol ones.

If it’s a Rotak in particular you’re after, you can pick up the 37 in Bunnings (the Oz equivalent of B&Q) for around $600.

If you are happy to have a petrol mower instead you can pick up a decent Victa push mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine for around $400. If you are looking at more top end gear (for non-commercial use), you're looking at somewhere in the region of $750.

How much to spend on one would come down to personal preference and what you want to do with it in terms of the size of the area you are cutting versus how long you want to be out there mowing; whether you just want to cut and catch or if you also want the option to mulch; do you want it to be self-propelled, easy start, electric start etc; whether you have a preference (or need) for either a 2 or 4 stroke.

Oh dear…..its the weekend and I’m working!

Guest haunted1234

the grass here is completely different to the UK...we bought one here and left ours behind...the grass we have is so tough. And petrol lawnmowers here are no different price wise to home.....we paid $350 for ours :o)

Hi,

We were told by various shippers that it wasn't worth the bother shipping our old lawn mower out here due to the bother that you would have to go to, to get it totally clean.

However, due to the horrendous cost of most things out here I wish we would have spent the money and just bought a brand new one and shipped it over with the rest of our stuff.

( along with a crate of wine glasses, lol )

Chris x

Archived