HELP! Advice needed for AHPRA CV!

Guest Kayleigh88

Hi everyone! I'm having a hard time figuring out what to jot down on my CV following the APHRA template. I will be very glad if someone can send me a sample cv thru PM

Thank you so much and more power!

Edited by GeorgeD
Forum Rules: removed personal info

Hi everyone! I'm having a hard time figuring out what to jot down on my CV following the APHRA template. I will be very glad if someone can send me a sample cv thru PM

Thank you so much and more power!

I will forward u mine,

Edited by GeorgeD

Guest aspentr90

could anyone please show me the copy of CV . cause im now working on AGOS 40 form and confused about CV, CPD,

and if there 's no certificate which could prove my clinical and procedural skills, can i have my nurse manager's signature on it?

Guest aspentr90

im looking for help with CV, CPD for AHPRA registration. im now working on AGOS 40 but confused with CV and CPD.

can anyone please send me a copy of CV?

Please PM me

Edited by GeorgeD

Guest GeorgeD

Dear all,

Please remember that one of our Forum Rules is that you do not post your email addresses in threads. This is to protect your own privacy from automatic software scanning websites to pick up email addresses to spam. We provide a Private Message (PM) system for all members to message each other privately.

Any email address posted on the forum will be removed as per the Forum Rules.

Regards,

GeorgeD

Edited by GeorgeD
spelling

Dear all,

Please remember that one of our Forum Rules is that you do not post your email addresses in threads. This is to protect your own privacy from automatic software scanning wesbites to pick up email addresses to spam. We provide a Provate Message (PM) system for all members to message each other privately.

Any email address posted on the fourm will be removed as per the Forum Rules.

Regards,

GeorgeD

I never knew that about automatic scanning, often wondered why it wasnt allowed, will be more careful on other sites now

Hey, Ive studied the AHPRA document "Standard Format for Curriculum Vitae" and I have a few questions! Please help me:sad:

1. "Personal Information" does this refer to name, dob, address etc and a personal statement of skills and experience etc?

2. "Bridging Programs/Qualifying examinations" What does this refer to?! I did my GCSE's, AS's, a national diploma in health care studies and then an adult nursing degree but I will have mentioned all of this in the "Qualifications obtained" section, do I ignore this bit?

3. On the actual application itself it mentions an "academic transcript" The second page of my degree certificate has this title which breaks down the modules of the degree course is this what they are asking for? I have read people on here talking about having their university send it directly to the office theyre sending their app to? Do I send the one I have or ask the uni for something else?!

4. "Clinical/Procedural skills" does this refer to certificates that Im going to be sending as part of my CPD anyway e.g cannulation, plastering, blood taking, mandatory training etc?

5. "Internship and Observership" theyve completely lost me here!!! Does this not apply to my qualifications or do they want me to break my degree down and state how many hours of practice i spent in acute, critical care settings etc?

CONFUSED!!! :err:

Hi! Thank you for all the members who gave information regarding this matter. If anyone could PM/email me a sample of their CV I would be most grateful. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Kirsty,

I'm all new to this forum and found this thread when i searched for some tips for the AHPRA cv. I'm in the middle of making my ahpra cv and wondering if you could let me look at your cv, it would be a massive help. I PM you my email. It would be really appreciated, if you could send a copy of ur CV to that.

Thank you so much!!!

I am a nurse in the Philippines and I am so interested with AHPRA. Can anyone please help me make one,?ok, well I know the format but it's confusing, can you just let me see how it is suppose to look like? You can send it to my email:opheliaceniza@gmail.com

hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot

I am a nurse in the Philippines and I am so interested with AHPRA. Can anyone please help me make one,?ok, well I know the format but it's confusing, can you just let me see how it is suppose to look like? You can send it to my email:opheliaceniza@gmail.com

I think you can get plenty of hints and tips and maybe even an example of CV but help you make one lol.......think only you can do that one sorry!

I think you can get plenty of hints and tips and maybe even an example of CV but help you make one lol.......think only you can do that one sorry!

Right, lol ,,i dont exactly need help to make one, i just need a sample as a guide, ;-)

Right, lol ,,i dont exactly need help to make one, i just need a sample as a guide, ;-)

as oz 2012 has said aphra has the template heres the link http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Standard-Format-for-Curriculum-Vitae.aspx also what i did was look at the nursing jobs advertised and included or reworded bits especially in relation to "person specification.....hope this helps xx

Hello,

i am so drained with the whole process of applying for my nurses reg with Aphra. i finally got mine sent off 2 months ago after 6 months of getting everthing together. After 2 months of waiting for word i emailed aphra today who wrote back immediatly to say i needed to send my CV as i did not sign and date it correctly? But they didnt explain how i managed to do this wrong. Something so simple, this is ridiculous. could anyone please explain to me how exactly they done this or send me a copy of there CV to have a look please. my email is chambersclaire@hotmail.com

stress stress stress.

~They also said i didnt send in anything to show professional development from the past 12 months. So does that mean just certificats etc?

Thanks guys

Claire from scotland

I will send a format in your email. :-)

Hello,

i am so drained with the whole process of applying for my nurses reg with Aphra. i finally got mine sent off 2 months ago after 6 months of getting everthing together. After 2 months of waiting for word i emailed aphra today who wrote back immediatly to say i needed to send my CV as i did not sign and date it correctly? But they didnt explain how i managed to do this wrong. Something so simple, this is ridiculous. could anyone please explain to me how exactly they done this or send me a copy of there CV to have a look please. my email is chambersclaire@hotmail.com

stress stress stress.

~They also said i didnt send in anything to show professional development from the past 12 months. So does that mean just certificats etc?

Thanks guys

Claire from scotland

If you look at their format guidelines it gives you the exact wording that you need to use on your signed cv declaration. For Cpd I included a page within cv that listed everything had done so name of course or conference what format so e learning workshop etc and also how many hours in duration the learning had been. They accepted that fine without need to send copies of certificate. Good luck x

Claire

Give them a call and speak to person reviewing your file- they are quite helpful.

There is a wee spiel that you need to type, date and sign something like "the information is true ......" did you forget that bit?

I just typed a list of CPD on my CV I didn't go into detail about my CPD just course name hours and attendance year. There is a wee template somewhere that you could populate and ask if they'll accept by email.

I sent mine to Perth office I have the perth phone number if that's where you sent yours.

Hello,

stress stress stress.

Thanks guys

Claire from scotland

Edited by carol

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys! I hope this site will alleviate some stress of me. I am a ICU nurse with 2 and half years experience. I have spent months on my AHPRA and it's still far from completion. I am unsure how detailed my CV need to be. May I kindly request a sample CV including continuing professional development details. I would be sooooooooooo grateful!

Also does the Professional Reference letter need to include a list of my ICU dutie competencies, or general responsibilities of the role?

Please help!!! Thanks!!!!

m1navisram@yahoo.co.uk

Hello guys! I hope this site will alleviate some stress of me. I am a ICU nurse with 2 and half years experience. I have spent months on my AHPRA and it's still far from completion. I am unsure how detailed my CV need to be. May I kindly request a sample CV including continuing professional development details. I would be sooooooooooo grateful!

Also does the Professional Reference letter need to include a list of my ICU dutie competencies, or general responsibilities of the role?

Please help!!! Thanks!!!!

m1navisram@yahoo.co.uk

I don't know about the others mate, but unfortunately no one was kind enough to send their CV to me. On the other hand, you can help yourself with the tips posted in this thread. cheers.

I don't know about the others mate, but unfortunately no one was kind enough to send their CV to me. On the other hand, you can help yourself with the tips posted in this thread. cheers.

To be honest what is the point of sending individual CVs when each and every one of our CVs is different. From the info Ahpra give http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Standard-Format-for-Curriculum-Vitae.aspx it really is straightforward and if folks are so stuck at this hurdle perhaps it isnt the right time to be emigrating as this is one of the easier parts.

FYI I have forwarded my CV to several on here with no words of thanks from some, not all but certainly some and Im now concerned that Ahpra may have duplicates of my CV circulating!

The info regarding professional references is also there.

People are willing to guide but not spoon feed

Exactly, I sent mine via email and only had 2 replys of thanks, I deleted all my info on it so they could just add their own info in.

But the template on the AHPRA is pretty easy to follow, and if u read the previous posts on here re tips and advice on layout then it should be enough.