Mobile Broadband

rammygirl

Looking to get a dongle or whatever they are called in oz so we can use the laptop (macbook) to access internet whilst in oz on a 2 week holiday (validation) March April. We would ideally like to buy it in Sydney before we travel to Adelaide we will be staying in CBD in both areas.

Any idea on best bet provider also can we buy a dongle/modem and pre pay for GB usage rather than pay by the month.

Have tried to look on-line but very confusing and not sue about speed/coverage.

Also any cheap sim only deals for PAYG access to phone and internet for unlocked i-phone out there?

I got this one when I was last in Perth, speed was about the same as 3g on an iphone (Click Prepaid Options - $49 for the dongle with credit, it is valid for 30 days then you need to top it up. comes with 3gb so enough for general usage)

http://www.vodafone.com.au/personal/wireless-internet/mobile-broadband/wireless-modems/mega-modem/index.htm

You have to buy a micro-sim, if I remember rightly I paid $20 for it, again from Vodafone shop, dont think it came with any credit, you just top it up, think I paid either $20 or $30 for pre-paid credit to be added on to the micro-sim

Thanks Stevie that looks a bit like the one I have found at Crazy Johns which is also vodafone network. The coverage looks good for where I am going too. Either of these look to be a good bet. Nice to know the Vodafone version works well though.

I have a Vodaone one and a Telstra one, and find the coverage and speed to be far better on the Telstra one, it is 4G though. I am just considering switching my mobile phone from Vodafone to Telstra for the same reason, even though I have been a loyal Vodafone customer since I got my first phone back in the day when phones took two hands to lift!

Archived