Hello everyone - another newbie- awaiting outcome of nursing skills assessment

wannabee

Hi,

I've been looking here for a while but never posted so thought I would come and say hi!

I am waiting for the outcome of my nursing skills assessment but because of my age I need to claim extra points for 10 years clinical experience - what a mission getting references from jobs up to 10 years ago! Once this is approved (if it is) then we will go ahead and apply for the 175 visa as my field of nursing is not in demand there...............hard to believe I know but there we are. If anyone has any info or advice re: RTW case managers I would be interested.

Thanks for reading

Guest coldtootsies

hello i sent off my anmac yesterday i am going for a 176 hopefully!!! getting references for the past 10 yrs is hard isnt it lol! (mine was 9 but still) what nursing are u doing? im going for emergency (the majority of my 9 yrs) but the past 2 yrs been a student midwife (stayed on A&E bank thoug) so i am hoping that doesnt scupper my plans x

Hi wannabee! What does RTW stand for? :biggrin:

Hi,

I've been looking here for a while but never posted so thought I would come and say hi!

I am waiting for the outcome of my nursing skills assessment but because of my age I need to claim extra points for 10 years clinical experience - what a mission getting references from jobs up to 10 years ago! Once this is approved (if it is) then we will go ahead and apply for the 175 visa as my field of nursing is not in demand there...............hard to believe I know but there we are. If anyone has any info or advice re: RTW case managers I would be interested.

Thanks for reading

Hiya,

Thanks all for responding so quicky. I've been working in occupational health for the past 10 years but this is classed as 'public health' nursing in broader terms so hope this will be enough for anmac to approve my skills. They do seem to need an awful lot of proof to back up the assessment tho- fingers crossed for us all! I'm 45 at the end of this year so need to get everything in place fairly swiftly as have been told I won't get sponsorship for my skills.................. :frown:

So Occupational Health is your speciality? Or am I misinformed?

That's right - I've been lead to believe that occupational health doesn't really exist in the same format as in the UK so maybe return to work co-ordinator or case manager might be the best bet with looking for work that I can do.

That's right - I've been lead to believe that occupational health doesn't really exist in the same format as in the UK so maybe return to work co-ordinator or case manager might be the best bet with looking for work that I can do.
Sara is right. And it's important to remember that sometimes the occupation we think we have here in UK doesn't have an exact equivalent in Oz. The skills we use in our nursing jobs are very transferable and we can usually find similar roles, even if the title is not the same. Good luck with the skills assessment. :biggrin:

Hi Wannabee,

If you look on jobs website there are positions advertised for Occupational Health Nurses. I came across them when I was looking last night & have just checked & they are there.

Sara x

Hi Sara,

thanks for this - which website was it please?

Thanks Sara - just had a look and seen a job that would be ideal so i guess they are out there after all! Now all I need is the visa to get there - am hoping to get a 175 so need to get my skates on as soon as I get the letter of determination from anmac - don't want to get caught up in all the changes this summer as it might never happen then..................

:biggrin:

seek.com :wink:

Archived