Sponsorship

Hallfamily

For all those who have managed to find a job through Sponsorship, how long did you have to wait from when you applied for the job to getting an actual interview? My OH has emailed a few C.V's to jobs advertised over in OZ, and I know they have to consider Australian Citizens first, but is 8 weeks along time to wait for a response, and yes they are through agencies.

I suppose its different for everyone but my partner had a few companies email within 2 weeks he's a boilermaker. It may be worth a follow up email as 8 weeks seems a long time. I would just keep sending his CV to everyone i sent my partners to anyone and everyone whether it was for his job or just something similar and it paid off. Good Luck! Which agencys are you using we just searched ourselves but im looking for a job over there for when we move so i wouldnt mind sending them my cv thanks vicky

Yeah i would of thought the same with those credentials i would just start sending his cv out yourself no harm. Start on seek.com.au they'll have in the advert if they offer sponsorship and even if they dont worth emailing them his cv to see if anyones interested. Good luck itll be worth it in the end i was frustrated in the beginning then got lots of responses very quickly :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest haunted1234

try Golder associates...massive engineering/consultancy and are based all over Oz...hubby randomly sent his CV on a whim....next thing you know they sponsor him, pay for everything and we were here within 3 months! Hubby is an Environmental Engineer/Project Manager

try Golder associates...massive engineering/consultancy and are based all over Oz...hubby randomly sent his CV on a whim....next thing you know they sponsor him, pay for everything and we were here within 3 months! Hubby is an Environmental Engineer/Project Manager

What a coincidence that you have mention Golder's my OH has just seen a job advertised last week on their website and has applied for it. Did your hubby have an interview in the UK for the job or was it by Skype?

Guest haunted1234

it was all done by skype...he had the initial interview with a HR woman, then had 2 more...well they actually offered him the job on the 3rd one...they really seem to look after their employees and are so used to sponsoring...theyre pre approved company so things seem to happen quickly :o)

Archived