Labour Agreement Visa Sub class 120

Matt n Nokky

Hi

My visa application has been delivered today. I have been ringing the panel doctors for the medicals. Gosh the medicals are very expensive and there is so much difference in their prices as well.

Hi Leepee, please contact the Bridge clinic at Maidenhead. But not sure where ur location in UK. They are the cheapest and also if you seach the forum you will find so many applicants have recommended them. In fact Matt and Runner from this thread including myself had our medicals done there. Being a nurse you will need to pay £300 (200 + 100 extra for Hep B & C) and for other family members £200 (Medical, chest X ray and HIV test) and for children under 11 £85 (just medical).

Regards,

Mansawant

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Update-got email for acknowledgent of visa application and medical ID. No hepatitis needed

Hi Leepee, I just checked my wife's mailbox but nothing has been received from DIAC:sad: and Wednesday is public holiday in Oz so can't expect anything until Thursday. Please can you confirm what time your applicatin has been delivered. Ours was delivered at 11:43am on Monday. Has money taken off from the account as I am not sure about ours as my wife's credit card details have been given.

Thanks & Regards,

Mansawant

Guest isis1mcc

Hi guys,

I've just applied for a few jobs with NSW Health can anyone give me tips on securing a position, also wanted to know where you guys are all placed. A little about me, I am a registered (general medical) nurse with 6 years ward experience. I recognise a few people here from previous posts. Anyway this has been a long unpredicatable process. I started with doing IELTS test failing reading by 0.5 points then decided to try the 457 visa but cant find anyone to sponsor me. Just got disappointing news I didnt get my last job I applied for in Melbuorne (the Alfred). So now reverting back to trying for the 175 in the meantime I will continue to apply for employer sponsored visas. I am booked for an IELTS test in June 2012. AHPRA runs out August 2012. This NSW labour visa sounds like a dream come true if I could get a job that offers a visa not only temporary but PR. Wanted to ask: -

1) what should I be doing to secure a position - eg tips for applications and interviews.

2) Did you guys need to do the IELTS?

3)do I still need to do the skills assessment with ANMC for this visa?

Know these are alot of questions but my dream of moving to Oz keeps getting complicated when we think we making headway.

Thanks for any input, Isis

Hi guys,

I've just applied for a few jobs with NSW Health can anyone give me tips on securing a position, also wanted to know where you guys are all placed. A little about me, I am a registered (general medical) nurse with 6 years ward experience. I recognise a few people here from previous posts. Anyway this has been a long unpredicatable process. I started with doing IELTS test failing reading by 0.5 points then decided to try the 457 visa but cant find anyone to sponsor me. Just got disappointing news I didnt get my last job I applied for in Melbuorne (the Alfred). So now reverting back to trying for the 175 in the meantime I will continue to apply for employer sponsored visas. I am booked for an IELTS test in June 2012. AHPRA runs out August 2012. This NSW labour visa sounds like a dream come true if I could get a job that offers a visa not only temporary but PR. Wanted to ask: -

1) what should I be doing to secure a position - eg tips for applications and interviews.

Know these are alot of questions but my dream of moving to Oz keeps getting complicated when we think we making headway.

Hi Isis,

All the members on this thread have been offered jobs by NSW Health (public hospitals) and all have been sponsored on PR visas however there are members who have been offered jobs by NSW health on 457 visa which is a temp visa. PR visa is normally offered to applicants who have school going childern and it will also depend on the hospital offering job. For employer sponsored visa IELTS or skill assessment is not required however for independent visa it is a must. However I think for PR visas you must have at least 3 years experience.

Please contact agencies like Healthstaff, Profco or Vital. These agencies help NSW health to recruit overseas nurses. As my wife is a nurse I am from IT, I can't give you any tips. But if you do a search on the internet you will find more info on nursing interviews.

Regards,

Mansawant

Hi,

I am not sure whether you will get answer to your queries as all the members who subscribed to this thred are nurses and all have been offered nursing job by NSW Health. NSW Health have Labor agreement with DIAC so not sure what's the time frame for other professions for this visa.

Regards,

Mansawant

Hi there,

Labour agreements take quite a while to negotiate, my rough guess is at least 4 months (main source: forums), once approved the rest of the processes seem like smooth sailing. Wish you the best of luck.

Hi guys,

Dear Isis,

I suggest getting in touch with recruitment agencies like Profco, etc as they have a good chance of getting you that job, finding a job in Cities like Melbourne is a pretty competitive process and mainly they offer 457 visas, if you are keen on PR try regional areas. IELTS is a must esp if part of your education is from overseas (see English language requirements - AHPRA), however as I understand it if you are on employee nominated schemes you dont need any skills assessment with ANMC, only need to register with AHPRA (thats what we did). Keep your head high as the whole process requires your patience and sustained endurance ..... and never give up your dream!!!

Update-got email for acknowledgent of visa application and medical ID. No hepatitis needed

Hi Leppee,

DIAC told us PR visa applicants whether they are medical professionals or not don't need Hep B or C tests, if you do them its still fine but they simply wont use them. Its all here http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/instructions/ and in your case Leepee as was the case with us they did not request Hep B/C tests. Good luck!

Hi Leepee, I just checked my wife's mailbox but nothing has been received from DIAC:sad: and Wednesday is public holiday in Oz so can't expect anything until Thursday. Please can you confirm what time your applicatin has been delivered. Ours was delivered at 11:43am on Monday. Has money taken off from the account as I am not sure about ours as my wife's credit card details have been given.

Thanks & Regards,

Mansawant

Hi Mansawant, my application was delivered at 11:43am as well on Monday. I did sent a bank draft and they have sent me a receipt for that as well. Hope you will get yours after the bank holiday.

I sent mine to Sydney CBD Office. Where did you send yours?

Hi Leepee, i have sent to CBD office and provided credit card details. I Just checked all the post on this thread and realised Runner and Matt both had received acknowledgement after 7-10 days so hoping to receive by next week. My wife has been offered a job by Royal North Shore Hospital in North Sydney. What abt u. Have u booked ur medicals and please clarify abt Hep tests with clinic so they can upload results immediately.

...Mansawant

Windfall......................visa granted today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Matt, be ready for a big move. I am realy happy for you. TBH for sometime I felt that we have got visa but just for some time....

Now from this thread only two of us are yet to receive visa (Leepee and I) so Leepee should be next and then my turn.

Regards,

Mansawant

Guest isis1mcc

Congradulations Matt!!! Do keep us posted. You guys were spot on with all the info you gave me. I will have to continue persuit of 457 visa. I have started the process with Profco, still early days lots of paperwork but looks very thorough and professional.

Well back to studying for the IELTS - this test keeps haunting me!! lol anyway I'm determined to beat it, 3rd time lucky.

Thanks again guys for all the valuable information. Isis

Hi Leepee,

Have you booked/done your medicals and I am still waiting for acknowledgement,

Regards,

Mansawant

Mansawant, your acknowledgement will arrive soon and if they dont ask for anything else then you can relax knowing its all going well, surely these visas dont take very long! Roughly 8 weeks for us!

Archived