Labour Agreement Visa Sub class 120

Matt n Nokky

I hope someone out there is in our position, partner recently offered a nursing position in regional NSW and has been nominated under labour agreements, there are very few posts on this and we would like to share our experiences as time goes on, any ideas on nomination times, visa processing times for the subclass 120 visa?

nomination: 23/01/2012; visa application: lodged via courier 23/02/2012

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW we have been told to expect a 5-7 month wait so I guess that means any time from the end July, hope it will be pretty smooth sailing I couldnt have made it any easier for our application to be assessed.

Good luck with your application!

BTW we have been told to expect a 5-7 month wait so I guess that means any time from the end July, hope it will be pretty smooth sailing I couldnt have made it any easier for our application to be assessed.

Good luck with your application!

Thank you Runner, the immigration website however says it should take between 4 wks to 2months to process an La Visa, here is the link: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/la/application-processing-times.htm Which profession are you in if you don't mind me asking?

Guest runner

Hi

I'm a health professional too, I got my AHPRA eligibility email and letter in november 2011. Was very quick just 7 weeks total. I looked at the website you gave but I think that maybe for an LA temporary visa? My letter from immigration last week said 5-7 months and that is what I have read and been told all along. However....4-8 weeks would be fantastic! Hears hoping!!

Guest runner

Hi well I can give you an update...I got our visa nomination approval through today! Looking at the dates it was unbelievably quick....:

Nomination submitted by NSW Health 25/1/12

Nomination approved by immigration 2/2/12

Just 8 days!! Took them a month for them to tell me though:biggrin:

I was told to get our medicals done last week (28th Feb) by immigration but we actually had just gone ahead and got them done on the 14th Feb. I thought our case number would be sufficient but it wasnt so the clinic had to send everything over paper copies which I know they don't really like. On the 28th immigration gave us all the ID numbers for the clinic to send things via 'ehealth' I phoned the clinic but they had already posted everything on the 23rd Feb.

I don't think you will get a TRN number I think they are for temporary visas but you will get health ID numbers from immigration. The clinic will ask for these.

Its great to hear of someone else going through the same 120 visa and share experiences. Will update on here whenever I get anything from them. Things have been very very quick so far so who knows how long it will take to hear as to whether we will be granted a visa or not. I haven't had anything to say I have been given a specific case officer but have been told my visa is being 'processed and is progressing'.

Hi well I can give you an update...I got our visa nomination approval through today! Looking at the dates it was unbelievably quick....:

Nomination submitted by NSW Health 25/1/12

Nomination approved by immigration 2/2/12

Just 8 days!! Took them a month for them to tell me though:biggrin:

I was told to get our medicals done last week (28th Feb) by immigration but we actually had just gone ahead and got them done on the 14th Feb. I thought our case number would be sufficient but it wasnt so the clinic had to send everything over paper copies which I know they don't really like. On the 28th immigration gave us all the ID numbers for the clinic to send things via 'ehealth' I phoned the clinic but they had already posted everything on the 23rd Feb.

I don't think you will get a TRN number I think they are for temporary visas but you will get health ID numbers from immigration. The clinic will ask for these.

Its great to hear of someone else going through the same 120 visa and share experiences. Will update on here whenever I get anything from them. Things have been very very quick so far so who knows how long it will take to hear as to whether we will be granted a visa or not. I haven't had anything to say I have been given a specific case officer but have been told my visa is being 'processed and is progressing'.

Wow! surely things appear to be progressing pretty quick, your updates are certainly helping a lot? we are planning on doing our meds asap as well - (doing anything that helps speed up the process), we are still hanging on hoping they will scoop that credit card empty soon - these things cost a fortune! again we are wishing you all the best, thank you!!

I hope someone out there is in our position, partner recently offered a nursing position in regional NSW and has been nominated under labour agreements, there are very few posts on this and we would like to share our experiences as time goes on, any ideas on nomination times, visa processing times for the subclass 120 visa?

nomination: 23/01/2012; visa application: lodged via courier 23/02/2012

Forgive my ignorance, I've heard of LA visas, just never for nursing posts. How were they advertised/recruited, if you don't mind me asking?

Guest runner
Forgive my ignorance, I've heard of LA visas, just never for nursing posts. How were they advertised/recruited, if you don't mind me asking?

Hi I didnt know I was going for an LA visa until the last minute when I was told to send my visa. Up until then (last month) I had been led to believe it was a subclass 121 visa. It was the employer who decides and has the labour agreement with immigration/aus gov. In fact I actually ticked the subclass 121 on the application form.....on the 25 Feb I got an email from immigration saying the employer nomination and my visa application didn't match and did I really want a 121 because it would be rejected unless I said I wanted a subclass 120 LA visa. Quick email to them and a check of emails showed that on the last email from the recruitment agency said a 120...

Im not really sure the exact difference between a 120 and 121 they are both emplyer nominated and PR visas. The only other thing I have found out since is that 120's are usually processed as they are received (not in a priority order with all the other subclasses) and hopefully take a shorter time to be processed.

Guest runner
We went on a sub class 120 and it took about 9 weeks we used Paramatta

I agree this is great to know! Thanks

We also knew of this at the very last minute, they just mentioned permanent residency and we just assumed it was going to be RSMS subclass 119, however it turned to be the LA 120 visa. We had never heard of it before and naturally we hit the net, but still there is very little info on it, I hope that answers your question.

We also knew of this at the very last minute, they just mentioned permanent residency and we just assumed it was going to be RSMS subclass 119, however it turned to be the LA 120 visa. We had never heard of it before and naturally we hit the net, but still there is very little info on it, I hope that answers your question.

Thank you! Who sponsored you?

Guest gavnicjacflo

Matt and norky we didn't receive any emails or telephone calls from DIAC just the email to say our visa was granted.

Guest gavnicjacflo
I imagine that was a very pleasant surprise, we are happy for you!!

Especially just 3 days before christmas

Guest runner

Thats great news! The medicals are costly, not sure where in the country you are but we found Maidenhead Clinic the cheapest.

Thats great news! The medicals are costly, not sure where in the country you are but we found Maidenhead Clinic the cheapest.

]

Thats where we are headed, from the East Midlands, DIAC has asked for medical, x-ray n HIV for both adults, not sure if thats enough because some people say Hep B & C is required for healthcare professionals, whats your experience like?

Guest runner

OK I have woken up speechless.........

I checked my emails on my phone and saw one waiting from DIAC

PR VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

How quick was that!!!! Just 3 weeks and 2 days from the date it was logged

Matt n Nokky - get those medicals done ASAP!!!!

My head is spinning lol

Guest runner

I had to get Hep B and C done @ an extra £50 each test! The clinic tells you when you book and they confirm the health professional will need those when you attend the clinic. I could have got them done free at work but they have to do them.

Archived