Creatures in Australia

DonnaC

I don't mind them in the wild, but they can be a real problem if they find a way inside roof/wall space. We had to move out of our last rental because of them. Fighting at 2am, peeing everywhere, chewing on electrics etc. Because they're protected, they're very hard to get rid of.

Oh dear thats not so good! i've heard people say they make loads of noise if they run around your roof. i'll be trying to make sure they dont get inside then!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find most people are really scared of staffies and especially people with children. They usually are amazing with children though, i know my two are. Lol i bet you crapped your pants! hope you gave it a good belly rub, they love that!

No comments about my pants!

But yes I did oblique with the belly rub. We became good friends!

I don't mind them in the wild, but they can be a real problem if they find a way inside roof/wall space. We had to move out of our last rental because of them. Fighting at 2am, peeing everywhere, chewing on electrics etc. Because they're protected, they're very hard to get rid of.

Fortunately our roof seems secure enough (for now) but they still make enough noise running on top of it.

Not sure what type of possums we have in the gardens, they are different from the one's in the photo - their tails are long and thin and it looks like the last four inches has been dipped in a tin of white paint!

We live semi rural so see a fair few snakes. Only spiders are we had a red back living in the letter box and we have a large huntsman that lives near the back door who we have taken a like too and call him boris.

The only animals that make me nervous are the blue ring octopus which has been found on the beach where we live. Though do have make sure the dog doesnt go running into bushes

We had friends visit a month or so back (also Brits, but living in Williamstown) and the kids were really worried about the spiders in the toilet. (they were only Daddy long legs!!!)

Problem promptly solved because I named all the spiders (one was Boris!!) and then the littlest girl got sad when she realised Fred was actually dead.

Mental note: if naming creatures to make them less scary to kids, make sure they're alive first....

Guest Chantel
We live semi rural so see a fair few snakes. Only spiders are we had a red back living in the letter box and we have a large huntsman that lives near the back door who we have taken a like too and call him boris.

The only animals that make me nervous are the blue ring octopus which has been found on the beach where we live. Though do have make sure the dog doesnt go running into bushes

Hello, :cute:

I have had a giggle at the responses on this thread, but the reality is that I am SO not a spider fan! snakes I don't mind, but spiders!!! lol If there was a Boris next to my back door, how would we remove it without hurting it cos' they are quite big aren't they??? I wouldn't be able to go outside! :wideeyed:

Hello, :cute:

I have had a giggle at the responses on this thread, but the reality is that I am SO not a spider fan! snakes I don't mind, but spiders!!! lol If there was a Boris next to my back door, how would we remove it without hurting it cos' they are quite big aren't they??? I wouldn't be able to go outside! :wideeyed:

In 15 years haven't seen a Boris but if I did I would get a rolled up newspaper and flick it to oblivion.:arghh:

Guest Chantel
In 15 years haven't seen a Boris but if I did I would get a rolled up newspaper and flick it to oblivion.:arghh:

LOOOOL :laugh: Sounds like a plan!

My cousin who lives in Melbourne was saying a few weeks back that she was in the bath and saw a huge Boris right there next to her, although 19 years old, she screamed and her dad had to come and remove it. I was shivering too much from the thought to consider or ask how he removed it! Yucky Yuck! :arghh: LOOOL

Archived