Anyone refused on medical grounds for visa?

ack

Hi guys ...

last week we'd our medical and they found scarring on top of hubbies lung. :( Just wondering now is this the end of the line for us.

Dr was surprised as he has no symtpoms. And is on nothing

Like how serious does something have to be before youre denied a visa.

I see the threshold was raised for AUS$21,000 to 35,000 last month.

An me being me am looking up crazy stuff it could be and thinking a) potentially no hubbie and b) no visa .

AM SO STRESSED now.

Ok hope this may ease your concerns a little,

We had our medicals last june & my wifes chest x-ray showed scarring on her lungs, she had pnumonia 6 years ago & had to have her lungs drained this was the cause of her scarring. Immigrations concern was that she has had tb, we thought they would request her to have further examinations in the UK but they requested her to take a health undertaking within the first few weeks of arriving in Australia.

Our visa's were issued but we were only given 5 months to activate them instead of the usual 12 months so just be prepared incase you face the same situation.

Best of luck with the outcome... hope this helps a little

Ok hope this may ease your concerns a little,

We had our medicals last june & my wifes chest x-ray showed scarring on her lungs, she had pnumonia 6 years ago & had to have her lungs drained this was the cause of her scarring. Immigrations concern was that she has had tb, we thought they would request her to have further examinations in the UK but they requested her to take a health undertaking within the first few weeks of arriving in Australia.

Our visa's were issued but we were only given 5 months to activate them instead of the usual 12 months so just be prepared incase you face the same situation.

Best of luck with the outcome... hope this helps a little

A big sigh of relief there (until I ramp up agan)

Oh god that you stuart. Only thing is - you knew what was causing your wifes scarring :( we dont. But jesus he doesnt have TB so hopes are up a bit.

Can I ask one q ; when your meds were referred; how long till they came backto you with info

Guest The Pom Queen

Agree with Stuart it is most likely going to be from a case of pnemonia in the past. Fingers crossed everything should be ok, there have been a few in this situation and they haven't been denied visas.

If your husband isn't a 'male flu' type then its very likely he could have had a lung infection at some point and just soildered on through thinking it was just a bad cold type thing, which could leave scarring. The lungs are quite good at getting damaged you see, but you don't need much of them to live off, so you don't really notice it.

Really don't stress until the results come back from the investigations into it - if its something other than TB it should be fine, if its something that needs treating, its good that its caught now before it become symptomatic (means its a lot easier and faster to treat at that stage), if it is TB again, can be treated, so hurrah! :D I know its hard, but try not to stress, really :)

Haha is a bit stressful, I used to smoke for 10 years. Not too heavily but is always at the back of your mind did I completely toast my lungs LOL

Oh gees - I was a massive heavy smoker (like really - 40 a day or something?) for about 13 or so years - only gave up 4 years ago and passed x-rays with flying colours, don't stress about ex-smoking stuff :D

Guest tandcmum

i too had some scarring on my lungs on the medical, i got a letter from the panel doctor explaining this, i was awaiting a barrage of requests for extra tests etc but 2 days later we had our visa granted. As you hubby is well it sounds like it has been caused by some form of pneumonia etc. Fingers crossed you hear something soon adn get everything sorted

Hi guys ...

last week we'd our medical and they found scarring on top of hubbies lung. :( Just wondering now is this the end of the line for us.

Dr was surprised as he has no symtpoms. And is on nothing

Like how serious does something have to be before youre denied a visa.

I see the threshold was raised for AUS$21,000 to 35,000 last month.

An me being me am looking up crazy stuff it could be and thinking a) potentially no hubbie and b) no visa .

AM SO STRESSED now.

Pleased to hear its gone up to $35,000, I dodn't know that. Really hope you hear something soon Ack - its the not knowing thats the worst.

Em

I might be being silly but what does the threshold of $35,000 refer to regard to medicals?

Ok so lets say you have some illness...the HOC work out the cost of treating it...if it amounts to less than £35 in a five yr period then your grand...more than hat then its potentially a burden on the tax payers over there and no visa. HTH

Archived