Australian Dishwasher to the UK

ghost

Has anyone taken an Australian Dishwasher back to the UK?

Im thinking about the salt scenario. No salt here, salt over there.

Would it work ? Will there be issues ? Anything you can do ?

THanks

I know this is off topic but before you throw the towel in have you thought about moving somewhere else in Perth, a bit closer to civilisation. Yanchep is a lovely place and I am a country girl but I couldn't live out there. I know that could be costly and it could disrupt your family a little but if you there is a small part of you that would still like to live here surely its worth a try??

Guest Guest31881

THanks

It should be fine, a lot of the modern detergent tablets contain water softener as well as detergent so it should work fine...

Guest guest41161

THanks

Busy trying to get her a spouse visa, but I am planning on taking mines back. :laugh:

If you get back by the end of the year can you update this, as may be another thing I leave behind.

Cheers

We have contemplated moving a bit closer to "civilisation" but the crux of the matter is my 17 year old is hell bent on returning, my other two kids are wanting to go home , we still have an empty house in the uk waiting for us, and the wife says she can't commit to renting it out whist she feels the way she does. I was sure my eldest would make friends and want to be here, she's made a few but still wants home badly. Ultimately I don't want to split my family up. We said from the start this would either be a perminant move or a very long holiday. It seems the latter wins. I've not given up on living by the beach , but maybe it will be somewhere closer to the uk, for shorter periods of time, with one foot always in the uk.

...anyway, back to the dishwasher question...having spent sometime investigating, and assuming you are concerned about water hardness, I don't think you will have any problems.

Good luck mate. Tough decisions, but you'll find a way!:wubclub:

We have contemplated moving a bit closer to "civilisation" but the crux of the matter is my 17 year old is hell bent on returning, my other two kids are wanting to go home , we still have an empty house in the uk waiting for us, and the wife says she can't commit to renting it out whist she feels the way she does. I was sure my eldest would make friends and want to be here, she's made a few but still wants home badly. Ultimately I don't want to split my family up. We said from the start this would either be a perminant move or a very long holiday. It seems the latter wins. I've not given up on living by the beach , but maybe it will be somewhere closer to the uk, for shorter periods of time, with one foot always in the uk.

Fair play, I totally understand.

Archived