Medical Question.... Absence from work relating to STRESS

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hi,

Rather a strange question to ask. Does anybody know if Stress looks bad for you when you have your medicals, i know the majority of the medical only relates to Hosptial treatment but wondered if stress could be perceived as mental health (very long winded i know) and go against you when you apply.

Cheers.

Guest scoop

Hope not hun,

I've had a lot of time off with depression after the death of my husband! Will soon know when I go for medicals, will let you know hun.

SCoop

x

Guest mickroo

Hi Scoop

Dont worry about stress!

As long as you didnt have a nervous break down and end up in a mental hospital having treatment or have long lasting effects stopping you working.

YIf so you need not even mention it to the Doctor reviewing you. All aspects of the medical are the same as long you are not going to be a MAJOR financial burden on the OZ health system and can work and fund yourself then there is nothing to worry about.

Regards

Mickroo

The medical form does ask if you've ever had mental health problems. If you've been treated by your GP you can just get a letter saying you've recovered and the prognosis is good. The forms even ask if you've ever suffered from indigestion - how is that significant!!

Ali x

Guest glennandkate

Dont worry - I passed my meds after I put down on the form that I was treated for depression for a year a couple of years back.

Guest Neil Meadowcroft

Hiya,

Thanks for your replies. If i'm being honest i was contemplating going off work due to 1 thing and another but didnt want to jepodise whats currently in the pipeline ie: OZ

I think i'll air on the side of caution and just grin and bear it and dream of the day when i can tell them all at work to sod off......

Cheers.

Guest scoop

Me too

We have end of employment interviews. WOW that is going to be fun!!

SCoop

x

Will just make sure I have my reference before though.

x

Archived