Do I have to bring medical/ dental records?

dale19

Hi all,

Moving over to Oz in march on a 457 visa, just wandering if I have to bring a copy of medical and dental records with me? Or if it is a good idea to request these now while I am still in UK.

Any help/ experiences are appreciated.

Hi all,

Moving over to Oz in march on a 457 visa, just wandering if I have to bring a copy of medical and dental records with me? Or if it is a good idea to request these now while I am still in UK.

Any help/ experiences are appreciated.

Hi Iwebt to the drs and got all out medical records, Ithink it cost me 10 pounds each. Hope this helps.

Anita:biggrin:

I think it depends on how 'complicated' you are :)

We didn't bother, but really we're pretty straightforward:

I'm an asthmatic (ish) and ummmm, wellllll, that's about it really. husband is disturbingly healthy.

But DO take copies of any glasses/lens prescriptions!!!!

Luckily (touching wood) i dont have any issues as such. Hayfever is about the lot and only 30 so dont ahev glasses etc to worry about.

Did have a knee op though 4- 5 years ago now but its OK again now.

Thanks for the advice tho, much appreciated.

Guest Guest31881

Do not waste your money getting records unless you have a complicated issue. The GP over here will not bother with them and will send you for any tests you may need. If you are on medication have a list to give the doctor who will prescribe what you need until they have done the tests. GP's are not the same here as in UK and as such you are not tied to one GP, if you do not like the one you have you can move to another.

Never pay to bring dental records, the first thing the dentist does is look in your mouth, They can see your dental history, no need for records.

Guest Guest31881
think children need their vaccination record for school

Cal

Good point, yes record of kids vaccinations is needed, both for school and claiming a family payments from Centerlink...

Archived