UK house valuations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Fabricator

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Our house has devalued by £40k which is a kick in the teeth and then the dollar is down by 0.8 to the pound and from starting the visa process, we are down at least 250 thousand dollars .......... It's making it doubly hard to emigrate.

I think we will have a similar issue as all but one other house in our street is a 2 bed terrace or bungalow. We are a large 4 bed detached so despite all the property websites data there are NO comparisons. The agents won't have a clue as it is unique with an open plan kitchen/dining/family area (very australian!).

I wish you all the best Mr Fabricator with your sale and once I've got the decorating done I need strength to deal with the agents round here !:wideeyed:

Have an open day. It could be a case that people actually need to get inside to fall in love with it, if it is just being advertised as an end of terrace. Looks great!

Was going to suggest this to whoever i appoint as my agent , even if people just come for a nosey then they might just tell someone else as a recomendation ??

I think we will have a similar issue as all but one other house in our street is a 2 bed terrace or bungalow. We are a large 4 bed detached so despite all the property websites data there are NO comparisons. The agents won't have a clue as it is unique with an open plan kitchen/dining/family area (very australian!).

I wish you all the best Mr Fabricator with your sale and once I've got the decorating done I need strength to deal with the agents round here !:wideeyed:

Time will tell buddy , i realy want to sell up and make a completley fresh start but its always an option to rent the house for a year or 2 .. but then that adds more pressure to the move as it was capital from the house that was going to get me to oz and support me while jobs etc are sorted out , stress free and at my leisure. finding a job , flying , sorting accomodation and starting work all in one week would give me a heart attack !! ha ha

lee

Thanks shoes , will have a look at the sites ,

my house is in a row of terraces , 2 -3 beds from 120K to 165 K , i have 5 double beds , 2 kitchens , 4 bathrooms , 2 lounges , office , gym , quadrouple garage , the only house on the road to have off road parking ( 5 cars ) and its all secured behind 2 huge barn doors, and a walled secret garden ????????????????

Impossible to compare with anything !!

lee

Mate, houses like that down my street go for at least £1.5 mill, one is on the market for 3.5 but they will never get that, and round the corner is 'Bishops Avenue' last year (maybe 2 now) a house sold for £50m... :wacko:(Topak Mansion, now Royal Mansion)... different world!!!

(FYI I live in a poxy flat the end of the road, oh to win the lotto :notworthy:!!!)

Do you think you could get a comparable house in Oz to the one you have here????? your house sounds huge, surely you would need a big budget to get a similar gaff?

JTC

re reading you house stats, I would put it on for £250k,

Why? your unlikely to break the ceiling price on a street where, I'm assuming £250 has not been touched, and above £250 Mr Stamp Duty gets nasty. As you say it is unique, at the end of the day you will get offers and then you can judge its real value.

If you still don't get a buyer then you can drop your pants when the time comes!!!

And ask yourself, would you be happy getting 180, 200 or 220? then if you get an offer of say 220k (when its on at 250) push for 2.5k more, then 'begrudgingly' take it. NEVER except the first offer! Unless its £250k!!!!

Source of all this knowledge... Being an estate agent for 2 years... :animal-frog:

Cheers guys ,

will get third valuation done on thursday and see what he says ,

I recon my house is a 250k house , including its location , but prices have fallen and i can deal with that so 220 is fine if i get offered , would probably take 200-210 if im itching to get to oz.

im sure as soon as people actually get inside the house they'll think differently , yeah its mine and its taken me 4 years to renovate / develope so its special to me , but the house realy is what ever anyone wants to make it ,

If we said the main house is 4/5 bedroom then the annex could be anything u want , and theirs still a barn big enough for 4 cars ( barn is fully boarded, painted and insulated , log burner in the corner , seperate gym and ensuite... oh and its all brand new build and upto 2012 building regs

a kiddy day care centre place ,

a plush office room for a small business , architect etc

Personal trainer could work privatly from home

any small other business

Granny flat

holiday let

private let

small B&B

pool/snooker/games room

cinema room

teenagers or older son/daughters seperate living space

It realy could be anything without even getting into the main house . i just need to get people to see it , i say i ,, i mean the estate agents !! ha ha

lee

There are a several four bedroom detached houses available around £235K, which is a bit above the higher estimate. According to Property Bee, this one has been on the market for about ten months, so the asking price is probably on the optimistic side.

This house is a bit smaller, but is detached and has a workshop. It's around £200K, but hasn't sold in six months, so I reckon it's also overpriced. The plot looks a similar size to yours, give or take, so there'd probably be scope to extend it. OK, yours might be nicer inside, but it's probably the closest comparable.

I'm not an estate agent, nor do I play one on TV, so I can't really advice on asking prices. I'd probably be inclined to try £199,995 and see where it goes from there.

Cheers guys ,

will get third valuation done on thursday and see what he says ,

I recon my house is a 250k house , including its location , but prices have fallen and i can deal with that so 220 is fine if i get offered , would probably take 200-210 if im itching to get to oz.

im sure as soon as people actually get inside the house they'll think differently , yeah its mine and its taken me 4 years to renovate / develope so its special to me , but the house realy is what ever anyone wants to make it ,

If we said the main house is 4/5 bedroom then the annex could be anything u want , and theirs still a barn big enough for 4 cars ( barn is fully boarded, painted and insulated , log burner in the corner , seperate gym and ensuite... oh and its all brand new build and upto 2012 building regs

a kiddy day care centre place ,

a plush office room for a small business , architect etc

Personal trainer could work privatly from home

any small other business

Granny flat

holiday let

private let

small B&B

pool/snooker/games room

cinema room

teenagers or older son/daughters seperate living space

It realy could be anything without even getting into the main house . i just need to get people to see it , i say i ,, i mean the estate agents !! ha ha

lee

Sounds like you are practicing your hard sell:laugh:

Graemsay, cheers for those bud , bloody well done for finding them .

First house is nice , about the same finish as mine but its location is a lot better , tho the actual plot is smaller and no WKSP , but i admit that in other people's eyes mine wouldnt be worth as much.

The second smaller house is half of mine , i think ( depending on tomorrows valuation ) ill go for Offers around £220 and see where it goes ...

lee

Archived