Darwin and crocodiles

Guest LARRY85

Guest LARRY85

HI EVERYONE

I WONDER IF PEOPLE LIVING IN DARWIN CAN HELP ME WITH THIS ANXIETY I HAVE.

I HAVE HEARD THAT IN DARWIN THERE ARE CROCODILES EVERY ESPECIALLY WHEN IS WET. IS THIS TRUE OR NOT? IF ITS TRUE ARE THERE SUBURBS WHERE THEY LESS LIKELY TO BE.

PLEASE HELP, WE ARE DUE TO MOVE IN FEBRUARY AND SINCE I HEARD ABT IT I HAVE BEEN HAVING NUGHTMARES:arghh:

Guest The Pom Queen

Yes you have crocs, we have them in Cairns but as locals you know where you can and can't swim. You are best having a house with a pool to be on the safe side.

I would say you don't get them walking down the main road but we had one do this in cairns a few months back, it had come from the storm drain.

Mate, been going to the Darwin for 40 years, weekends and holidays and I've never seen any in the city confines. On the other hand, stay away from creeks and estuaries. Even fished the harbour area at night and not seen any.

Cheers, Bobj.

Lived in Darwin for 20 months and never saw a croc.

My wife and I have been here for nearly six months now and the only crocs we've seen were during a tourist trip with the out-laws on the Adelaide River. Some big snappers too!

4lan

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/05/02/229331_ntnews.html

Why did the crocodile cross the road?

This happens when there has been alot of rain! There was similar artical in NT news when I was work in NT.

It should be noted that this is not a common occurrence, the sighting would appear to be a couple of hours from Darwin on the Arnhem Highway and not particularly close to major populations.

Thanks for linking the article however I would strongly advise against anyone using the NT News as a basis of any conclusions about crocs in the NT..

4lan

It should be noted that this is not a common occurrence, the sighting would appear to be a couple of hours from Darwin on the Arnhem Highway and not particularly close to major populations. Thanks for linking the article however I would strongly advise against anyone using the NT News as a basis of any conclusions about crocs in the NT.. 4lan
There was a similar artical in NT news in 2007 when I was living in the NT, and there was alot of rain parts of Stuart Highway closed. More change of people sleeping on the road tho!! NT News aways good for a laugh, there was the story when I was there with the Kangaroo in the swimming pool in Alice.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Sorry about my last post!

Try not to stress too much. I have a huge phobia of snakes, I've been here 20 years, and whilst I've seen a few, certainly nowhere near as many as I had nightmares about before I came here. I had visions of them meeting me at the airport when I arrived :)

(Just don't get me started on the cockroaches though :) )

• 1 month later...

Archived