Can you book your plane seats for Singapore Airlines

Andrea

Hi Everyone,

I don't suppose anyone knows if you can pre book your plane seats for Singapore Airlines? Do they have the online check in facility?

Also, How good is the Airline food as I have heard quite good things!

Thank you for your help!

Roll on February!!

Andrea.

Guest Guest31881

Hi Andrea,

I have moved your post to thread of its own as the one you had linked up with is not getting any replies.

When I flew over 2 1/2 years ago we could check in on-line 24 hours before the flight, and book your seats then. I do not know if that still happens.

Yes you can choose seats if you've booked on the SIA website and have your reference.....though not sure if you've booked through an agent and haven't got the SIA booking reference? You can do online checkin and print your boarding passes at home.

We also took our PR VISA letter to baggage drop to get the 40Kg allowancee each, which was needed because the check-in girl hadn't got the note on the booking reference as was promised. Didn't bat an eyelid though....

You can also purchase preferred legroom seats online at a reasonable price.

Food is very good. For the morning flight from Heathrow on the A380 we got dinner, sandwiches midway, then a breakfast. Lots of drinks and you can basically go up and grab whatever extra drinks and snacks you like.

A380 has USB and PC sockets for charging or playing something through the screen.

Entertainment system pretty good, though not as good as Emirates. Films were a bit naff last week.

they have a list of 'special foods' as long as your arm as well - not just the usual Kosher and Veggie options, but low salt, low sugar, low GI, bland, mushy and so on! Quite amusing the choice imho :) You can book the meals (if you want something other than normal) on the SIA website as well as the seats, or if you phone them up with your booking reference they can do it over the phone as well (but I would look at the website to see what the choices are, as if someone was reading them all to you, you probably would lose track! lol)

Thanks for your replies Everyone!

I am glad we can do the online check in, as we have had bad seats before with other airlines, so that is great.

We are going on a WHV which only gives 20kg, I don't suppose they will be nice and let a kilo or so go over? Has anyone experience of this?

Good to know the food is good too :)

Looking forward to the flight, counting the days down in work now!

Andrea.:wink: