Move to Brisbane?

Guest Nic

Hiya,

Sorry of this is a bit long winded but I've a had a few too many quality glasses of wine this evening! We moved to Perth from Scotland just over 4 years ago - didn't buy a house because we were on a 457 and reaped the benefits of LAFHA. My OH has now been asked to move to Brisbane for work and we are in a quandary whether or not to up sticks and go for it or whether we should be happy with what we've got here in Perth. I've never really settled here, we are one of the oddities who moved south of the river to north and although I've met loads of nice people just feel that ,maybe it's not for me, my OH isn't really fussed one way or the other but my 6 year old loves school,friends and the beach etc (got a 2 year old too). Im not knocking Perth at all because I think its a great place to live and bring up kids but just have always had this unsettling feeling that we've not quite finished our journey yet.

Just wondering if anyone has made the move Perth to Brisbane and could give me some info about their move. My Oh has already been for a look see and thought Brissie was ok (great help!) but the company don't really do family trips until you've decided that you're going - any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nic

Hiya,

Sorry of this is a bit long winded but I've a had a few too many quality glasses of wine this evening! We moved to Perth from Scotland just over 4 years ago - didn't buy a house because we were on a 457 and reaped the benefits of LAFHA. My OH has now been asked to move to Brisbane for work and we are in a quandary whether or not to up sticks and go for it or whether we should be happy with what we've got here in Perth. I've never really settled here, we are one of the oddities who moved south of the river to north and although I've met loads of nice people just feel that ,maybe it's not for me, my OH isn't really fussed one way or the other but my 6 year old loves school,friends and the beach etc (got a 2 year old too). Im not knocking Perth at all because I think its a great place to live and bring up kids but just have always had this unsettling feeling that we've not quite finished our journey yet.

Just wondering if anyone has made the move Perth to Brisbane and could give me some info about their move. My Oh has already been for a look see and thought Brissie was ok (great help!) but the company don't really do family trips until you've decided that you're going - any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nic

Hi Nic

Brisbane is fine......... but it depends a lot on what you want? Brisbane really is terrific; we loved it over there............... but............. we are so happy here in Perth and we would much rather be here in Perth.

Apparently Perth is boring though according to some people? ................ I must be an odd ball case because I don't have enough time to get bored............. there's always something on.

Sorry.............. have to go.......... the second half of Newcastle versus Pompey has started................

Good luck with whatever you do decide on................. if you can't settle NOR which is really the bees knees................ then maybe Brissie is for you?

Hi, Nic ,

We have done all the east coast of OZ and we found that , If you like open space don't live in the city but go too either the gold or the sunshine coast's .They are only a short distance from the city .We live right down on the southern end of the gold coast and we love it.This took us five years to find out .So no your journey isn't over . All the best ..........

BONZER

If you think your journey isn't finished why not give Brisbane a go - although I appreciate that with children the decision is more difficult. If you don't like Brissy you can always come back. It's really about personal choice and sometimes you can't put your finger on it - I thought Brisbane was lovely but feel at home in Perth

Ali

Hiya ,i have a family arriving in January who are making the move from Perth to Brisbane ,if they are reading maybe they would enlighten us as to what takes their fancy here.

We are the back of the Gold Coast hinterland and although only my hubby has been to Perth ,his opinion was there is more touristy things to do here if that takes you fancy(paticually if you have kids).I love it here and we all settled really well ,but as Ali says it really boils down to personal choice,,

good luck with decision and ask away with any questions you may have ,us brisbanites will try and help,lol

Cal x

Archived