WA off list nominations - applying?

vinny1275

Morning all,

At the Down Under Live show we went to, we met with someone from the WA government, and they're sponsoring people offlist (which is cool, as my job's disappeared off the SOL). I've got my positive skills assessment back from ACS, and got my IELTS pass results on Saturday, so I went to apply for the WA nomination - however, the website doesn't seem to have an option for applying online for an offlist nomination, though the latest news on their site says they are available. I've emailed them to see how to go about it, just wondering if anyone's already done it, in case there's any paperwork or anything I can get ahead on.

Thanks,

Vince

Morning all,

At the Down Under Live show we went to, we met with someone from the WA government, and they're sponsoring people offlist (which is cool, as my job's disappeared off the SOL). I've got my positive skills assessment back from ACS, and got my IELTS pass results on Saturday, so I went to apply for the WA nomination - however, the website doesn't seem to have an option for applying online for an offlist nomination, though the latest news on their site says they are available. I've emailed them to see how to go about it, just wondering if anyone's already done it, in case there's any paperwork or anything I can get ahead on.

Thanks,

Vince

Hi Vinny

Just out of interest your occupation isn't School Teacher is it? I was told the same thing at the same event (probably) although I didn't get the impression that I would have a good chance of state sponsorship!

I would be interested in knowing how 'standard' this type of practice is!!

Hi Benj,

I'm an IT Systems Admin. ISTR at the show the lady said that they'd not been given all the detailed places they'd asked for by DIAC, but they did have quite a large number of off-list places - the impression I got was that they were treating them in the same way as on-list sponsorships. It might depend on industries though I guess, or who you spoke to on the day.

All I need now is know how to apply! :)

Cheers

Vince

And now I've found the answer....

Today's news on the WA migration site is that offlist nominations will carry on when diac releases new nominations to them - looks like they've run out. Now they're site's timing out, but will have to keep watching for changes to the list or more off-list places....

:-(

• 3 months later...

Hi Vinny

I'd recently emailed WA re offlist, they say they've used all these places for current year and anticipate more offlist places to be available from July 12.

After I sent email, I thought I'd read that offlist were just for recent graduates - do you know am I right about this, or does it matter if you'd graduated a while ago. My occupation is on SOL2, but is not currently on any of the States/Territories sponsorship lists aaah, but I assume, I'd be able to apply for offlist ???

Hi Vinny

I'd recently emailed WA re offlist, they say they've used all these places for current year and anticipate more offlist places to be available from July 12.

After I sent email, I thought I'd read that offlist were just for recent graduates - do you know am I right about this, or does it matter if you'd graduated a while ago. My occupation is on SOL2, but is not currently on any of the States/Territories sponsorship lists aaah, but I assume, I'd be able to apply for offlist ???

Hi Annie,

As far as I know, off-list nominations are specifically created so that each state could sponsor people that are on the SOL but not on their SMP (State Migration Plan). It shouldn't matter when you graduated as long as you meet the DIAC requirements like occupation in SOL, recent work experience, points test etc.

WA ran out of places. States such as NSW, VIC and QLD,they either ran out or opted out of the program. Check this thread: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/144495-what-off-list.html

Good luck!

Annie,

Some states (like NSW and SA) only allow people who've graduated from a university in their state in a certain time period to be eligible for off-list nominations - WA didn't have that stipulation, which is probably why they ran out in December....

Archived