Shipping washing machine

janinewhiteley

Hi

We are in a dilema.

Shippers are coming monday and we have just been informed of a delay in our house completing.

We are still awaiting our 121 visa , so can not ship out yet.Therefore our belongings are going into storage .The shipping company want money if we postpone them coming, so we are having to proceed.

I have never been so stressed :arghh:

Getting to the point..... we want to buy a new washing machine and keep the one we have here until the house sells in the new year.

But is it cheaper to buy UK or OZ

thankyou

Guest Guest31881

I am pretty sure there would not be much differance in the price of washing macnies here, but I am sure someone will be on to tell you he exact prices. Remember if you buy over here you are expected to haggle and get a reduction on the advertisd pric....

Your items for shipment to Australia should be over 12 months old to be shipped without any duty paid on them, So if you buy a new washing machine I would not send it in origional packaging. However I have never heard of anyone actually being charged for items sent in their container. Just something to bear in mind.

In your circumstances, I would suggest buying one when you get here: you can then put it to use straight away and it is easier/possible to use the warranty.

Interestingly enough, the Bosch repairer in Sydney would honour the UK warranty on the washing machine we have.

Guest scubabud

I would also buy one here, we brought ours from the uk but due to the climate changes it went through getting here the drum seized and it was going to cost more to have it repaired than to but a new one x

Hi

we had to buy a new washing machine when we got here, very expensive wish we had got one in the UK & shipped it.

We declared a 3 month old TV in with our stuff we only had to pay customs $30 dollars which we didn't mind and none of our boxes were opened at customs, it pays to be honest & declare anything new.

Good luck & try not to stress too much.

lottie

We've shipped our washing machine - they deliver our stuff on Wednesday!! but it was about 3 years old so no issues with customs. Just make sure you've got 'electrical and mechanical derangement' included on your insurance in case they don't work after the journey :)

I'd buy new over here though if your stuff is old and crumbly already - just haggle!!

Hi

We are in a dilema.

Shippers are coming monday and we have just been informed of a delay in our house completing.

We are still awaiting our 121 visa , so can not ship out yet.Therefore our belongings are going into storage .The shipping company want money if we postpone them coming, so we are having to proceed.

I have never been so stressed :arghh:

Getting to the point..... we want to buy a new washing machine and keep the one we have here until the house sells in the new year.

But is it cheaper to buy UK or OZ

thankyou

Maybe a silly question but aren't the plugs different ?

Guest Guest31881

Yes they are, you can change them or buy a travel adapter, or use a UK extension with 4 outlets to run from a travel adapter

Yes they are, you can change them or buy a travel adapter, or use a UK extension with 4 outlets to run from a travel adapter

Isn't that piggybacking? We have been told by our lekky to not do that as it is a safety hazard. Just a thought.

Guest Guest31881

Using one extension lead from one plug is not piggybacking, placing adapter into another adapter is piggybacking, but its everyone's choice

Yes - the plugs are different. You can have the plug changed. You chop the old one off and replace with a new one from Bunnings. If you decide to use an adapter for a short while (which is as long as a piece of string) please make sure you get an adapter which is earthed.

Archived