dependents to be included in my application for GSM

janchloe

hi to all,

i am soon to lodge my application to diac, and came across regarding the dependents that i can include in my application.i am applying under 175 visa.

1.i am a single parent of a 3 yrs old girl. unwed mother. can i include her in my application and will there be problem in custody, even i an the only one who signed in her birth certificate, the father is noisat.

2. my mother 59 yrs old, widowed, and dependent on me, i support her financially , she lives in my house.. i have evidence to prove that i been sending her remittances for the past 5 yrs, since i work here in UAE. i am a filipina by the way..i have 2 elder brother, 1 is working and currently in philippines and the other one is disabled.. can i past the balance of family test..i am the only one who supports her.. i consulted this issue to my agent here in dubai, but advise me not to include her, since it may affect the result of my application.. but i tried to read thru online and some says that i can include her..

i really wanted to include the two of them in my application since they are the only dependent of mine, and i want to be with when i go to australia..

i really hope, someone can advise me..

thanks,

janchloe

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need to pass the balance of family test as it doesn't sound like the parent visa you are considering. It is sometimes possible for people from HR countries to bring parents as dependents on their visa, not an easy application though and I would not do this by yourself. Also the child situation could be tricky as you will need parental permission.

This is not time to go it alone, don't dismiss your mother, find another agent.

hi to all,

i am soon to lodge my application to diac, and came across regarding the dependents that i can include in my application.i am applying under 175 visa.

1.i am a single parent of a 3 yrs old girl. unwed mother. can i include her in my application and will there be problem in custody, even i an the only one who signed in her birth certificate, the father is noisat.

2. my mother 59 yrs old, widowed, and dependent on me, i support her financially , she lives in my house.. i have evidence to prove that i been sending her remittances for the past 5 yrs, since i work here in UAE. i am a filipina by the way..i have 2 elder brother, 1 is working and currently in philippines and the other one is disabled.. can i past the balance of family test..i am the only one who supports her.. i consulted this issue to my agent here in dubai, but advise me not to include her, since it may affect the result of my application.. but i tried to read thru online and some says that i can include her..

i really wanted to include the two of them in my application since they are the only dependent of mine, and i want to be with when i go to australia..

thanks,

janchloe

Kumusta

It sounds as if you have been badly advised. I most strongly advise that you consult a registered migration agent for an opinion.

Guest nomadinusa
hi to all,

thanks,

janchloe

you can include as many dependents as you want but the risk of getting the visa goes up every time you add a dependent. DIAC and the australian govt usually see elderly and disabled people as an "extra expense" on their govts resources...

These links have everything in detail :

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/bringing-secondary-app.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47a.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hiiii...

1st querie: the Diac rules are clear get parental consent from the other parent or a court order declaring that you have the right to do so. You can include your daughter in your application, can you get a court order from your country..maybe your brother can connect you to a lawyer back home to explain the regulations in your country? or visit your embassy to see if they can advice or help?

2nd querie: as mentioned the more dependants you have the higher likelihood your application may fail the balance of family test is there someone your mum can stay with if visa is granted then you once your are there then start the process of getting her there permanently...as you will need time to settle get a job etc it'll be hard on you the first few months..

My advice: if you have no one who can be with your mum in the interim then you can wing it & add both (assuming you get the order or consent).....

• 1 month later...

Archived