Visa Validation/First Entry for secondary applicant

Ezy Going

Hi all,

I was wondering that the compulsion for first entry/visa validation before a particular date is only for the primary applicant or it it true for the secondary applicant also.

Although we (me and my wife) are still waiting for our visa grant but once granted I have to make plans for visa validation trip. We did our meds in April 2011, and I think after the visa grant the validation trip has to be made before April 2012. I was hoping that I could go initially and try to find a job & apartment and then when things are a bit settled, I will ask my wife to come. But this whole process may take some time and she may miss the initial entry date. But if the compulsion is only for primary applicant then she does not need to worry and she can come at any time later.

Regards,

Ezy Going

Is there any way my wife can delay the initial entry date? Can we ask our CO that we can submit the meds again, even when the 1st med is still valid? So while granting visa he will consider the date of 2nd med. Is it possible or is there any other possibility to extend the initial entry date?

Guest guest59177
Is there any way my wife can delay the initial entry date? Can we ask our CO that we can submit the meds again, even when the 1st med is still valid? So while granting visa he will consider the date of 2nd med. Is it possible or is there any other possibility to extend the initial entry date?

I think minus a genuine emergency - like pregnancy or injury or death of a close relative or a natural calamity - the CO is highly unlikely to grant an extension. If she were working you could say she has commitments on a project so can't travel. I think it would be best to check with your CO. Maybe he will make an exception if there is overall very little time remaining?

My understanding from my own visa process is that, if you need a later date, you need to ask your CO for that during the applications process, as once your visa has been granted it is too late to get an extension.

I'm not sure why you need the extension but you need to think about how importa nt it is and whether you can possibly work things around so that your wife can at least have time to come out for a holiday and activate the visa - that may be the best you can do, would that be an option?

good luck!

All validation dates are the same, your wife re-doing her medicals will make no difference, as its the earliest date of medicals or PCC that is used for either applicant. Asking for extention from CO is only way and then its up to the CO to decide if they are valid reasons or not.

Once the visa has been granted, short of volcanic disruption it is too late to get the date changed..

Once the visa has been granted, short of volcanic disruption it is too late to get the date changed..

Yes but the OP has not had visa granted yet! Only way to ensure that inital entry date is changed is for all medicals and PCC to be re-subbmitted. Secondary applicants do not get a different entry date from primary.

Yes but the OP has not had visa granted yet! Only way to ensure that inital entry date is changed is for all medicals and PCC to be re-subbmitted. Secondary applicants do not get a different entry date from primary.

oops. My bad -didn't read properly :wubclub:

Archived