How Long for South Australia State Sponsorship Approval

Guest dmcevilly

Guest dmcevilly

Hi there,

Just a quick question people may be able to answer from experience. What is the waiting time for State Sponsorship approval currently? They received my application and hard copy additional info today (12/12/2011). Hoping for an approval before Christmas! Fingers crossed!

Cheers

There is a LOoooooong thread on Poms in Adelaide, tracking everyone's progress. Don't want to be mean, but I don't think you will be lucky for a before Christmas grant, they have rather stretched out a bit since the wizzy through progress of July time.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/25627-state-sponsorship-tracker-again-140.html

That's the latest page, there is a spreadsheet maintained by Helchops, if you go back a couple of pages you should find the latest update, you can see everyone's progress since Sept. type time.

HTH :)

Guest mjcgito

Hello dmcevilly,

We had lodged our application for state sponsorship nomination in South Australia last October 25, 2011 and luckily, we received the approved sponsorship last November 30, 2011. So it took me 5 weeks to receive the sponsorship approval. We have filed our visa application already and forwarded supporting documents last Dec. 12, 2011. Hopefully, DIAC receives it before the end of this week or Dec. 19, at the latest.

All the best!

Regards,

mjcg

Guest dmcevilly
Hello dmcevilly,

We had lodged our application for state sponsorship nomination in South Australia last October 25, 2011 and luckily, we received the approved sponsorship last November 30, 2011. So it took me 5 weeks to receive the sponsorship approval. We have filed our visa application already and forwarded supporting documents last Dec. 12, 2011. Hopefully, DIAC receives it before the end of this week or Dec. 19, at the latest.

All the best!

Regards,

mjcg

Thanks mjcgito, looks like I wont be far behind you. Already got my Police clearance and booked in for medicals in January 2012 making sure I have everything ready for when DIAC need them.

Fingers crossed for you!

Damien

Guest mjcgito
Thanks mjcgito, looks like I wont be far behind you. Already got my Police clearance and booked in for medicals in January 2012 making sure I have everything ready for when DIAC need them.

Fingers crossed for you!

Damien

Hello again dmcevilly!

Do you think we can already book our medicals even if there's no case officer yet? :)

Regards,

mjcg

Hi All,

I've sent my papers for assessment to VETASSESS yesterday (14/12/2011), and wish to apply for state sponsership for South Australia, once I receive my positive assessment. And ultimately, I wish to send my file to DIAC before July'2012. What do you senior people on this forum think. Will I be able to make it befor EOI comes into picture (i.e. on July'2012). I am a bit worried.

Regards,

Guest mjcgito
Hi All,

I've sent my papers for assessment to VETASSESS yesterday (14/12/2011), and wish to apply for state sponsership for South Australia, once I receive my positive assessment. And ultimately, I wish to send my file to DIAC before July'2012. What do you senior people on this forum think. Will I be able to make it befor EOI comes into picture (i.e. on July'2012). I am a bit worried.

Regards,

Hello!

My Vetassess result came out after 4 months. It was sent last May 2011 to Vetassess and then end of September 2011, I received a Positive Skills Assessment. I hope yours will be faster so you can lodge Visa application before July 2012.

All the best,

mjcg

• 3 weeks later...

South Australia received a full set of documentation from myself on the 9th of December. I still have not been allocated a CO nor has the online tracking system updated the status of my application. Is this normal for this time of year?

Guest stevenw8971

Hi Jove,

It took us just under five weeks to get our SA SS, but you've got to remember their offices have been closed over the christmas period, so it may take a little be longer for you.

All the best

steven

South Australia received a full set of documentation from myself on the 9th of December. I still have not been allocated a CO nor has the online tracking system updated the status of my application. Is this normal for this time of year?

You don't get allocated a CO for SS - they just receive your documents and mark them as received (if you know they have been received, I take it this has been updated on the online tracker?), then they will just update you when you have been granted/refused. Some people get a third line on their online application status just before SS gets granted, but not everyone gets it apparently. Just keep checking - if you look on the thread on PIA you can see what's happening with others who applied around the same time as you....

HTH

Hi PositivePixie

I am looking through my options between states. Have you gone down the regional or simply state sponsored route? Am I right in saying that providing I achieve at least Level 7 in my IELTS I could apply for either? Due to my age I would gain top points and therefore wouldn't necessarily need the additional points of Level 8.

Hope this makes sense!!

We just went normal SA SS - points wise I got:

Age - 30 points

IELTS - 20 points

Degree - 15 points

SS - 5 points

(I also could have applied for work experience points but didn't need to, so didn't bother)

We used the SS as a speed thing as 176s were going through so very much faster than 175s at the time as we wanted to be there asap. Getting 8's in the IELTS really wasn't very hard - I did a bit of practise to familiarise myself with the format, but as I'm an exam marker (not for IELTS but for GCSEs/A Levels) and teach to Primary School National Curriculum Tests, which are actually very similar, I was quite used to what they were looking for etc - its what I drill into my pupils over and over mainly lol. Even without that though personally I don't think its that hard for a native English speaker to get an 8 across the board - you just need to know the formula, and if you do think you will struggle, getting a tutor is good for confidence as well as specific personalised help.

The regional only gives you 10 points - in my mind its easier to get the extra 10 from 8s in the IELTS and then be free to go where-ever you want in SA, as you don't know where you're going to score a job/fall in love with etc imho, but that's just me - also its only a temp visa for the first 3 years, and I would rather have the perm. visa off bat if I could. Again, that's just me though, and it depends on your specific situation/circumstances obviously :)

Cheers PP, I appreciate the advice! I wasn't aware that if I went for a 475 I would be required to live in a particular area as I thought the whole state is deemed regional? Certainly achieving 8's is my aim in the IELTS it is almost a fallback! I have a dodgey Cornish/Irish heritage!!

Guest Sianburton

Hey Jove

Our documents were received the same day and we havent had a response yet either. Wish they'd hurry up but i have a feeling they may be a while knowing how much a break is taken over Christmas in Oz

Cheers PP, I appreciate the advice! I wasn't aware that if I went for a 475 I would be required to live in a particular area as I thought the whole state is deemed regional? Certainly achieving 8's is my aim in the IELTS it is almost a fallback! I have a dodgey Cornish/Irish heritage!!

Probably - I haven't researched it at all, so you probably know way more than me about it :) - its the word regional - Adelaide to me will always be big city, bright lights, not regional lol Is the 475 PR or TR? 8's in IELTS isn't so hard, honest.

475 is a 3 year temporary visa. I am not really sure what the downside of this visa is to be honest? I guess I just don't want to end up spending several hundred's of pounds trying to gain level 8's! We will just have to see how I do! I've read your tips on your blog, hopefully that'll help me, it seemed to make sense from what I've been reading from MillieMollie's IELTS book!

Just an update, my documents were received by south australia on the 9th of December. The tracking system finally updated to say:

Application Decision Immigration: SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times. Keep monitoring this page and your e-mail for the decision on your application.

So it is being assessed at least.

Can't be too long now....fingers crossed!

:twitcy:

Guest Sianburton

Lol Jove just came on to see if you'd had that message this morning. You must be checking everyday like me. R you guys planning on going to Adelaide? When are you hoping to move?

Well we are hoping to go to Australia by this time next year. If successful with SS will apply to the DIAC straight away and hopefuly we will get PR by this time next year.

I understand that the process may be quicker on the 176 visa. We are looking forward but also apprehensive - is a big move!

Our plan is to go to Adelaide and settle there for a couple of years. You been to Adelaide before?

I have never been there but was in Australia Sydney a few years back - probably chalk and cheese but we are mainly looking for an upgrade with the weather and also (fingers crossed) a career upgrade.

Guest Sianburton

We're looking to move at the same time but want to wait till then even if our visa comes through quicker (I did see someone on here whos went through in 3 months!) as that is when we have said to family and friends and also need to get some savings in the bank.

We spent just under a year living in Adelaide 2009/2010 and loved it. Its a much slower pace than Sydney and doesnt have as much going on but its a great place to bring up a family and has a real holiday vibe about it. Having visited Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne we definately prefered Adelaide of the 5. Its also probably the cheapest city to live in ( we paid $290 a week to live over the raod from the beach - talk about great location lol).

So fingers crossed we will know more tomorrow - I hate waiting for this stuff:chatterbox:

Archived