An idiots guide to ~ Rentals

cartertucker

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel

Fingers crossed Kelly hope it comes through for you

If you get it remember when you get the check list to see that any damages/marks are detailed and if not detail them and take photos.

We were given a sheet by the agent that said everywhere was pretty much perfect - didn't mention the stains on the carpet - the filth in the oven - cracks & marks on the floor - rips in the fly screens.

Go over the sheet and note down anything they might charge you for when you leave - take photos if it makes sense.

If you get it remember when you get the check list to see that any damages/marks are detailed and if not detail them and take photos.

We were given a sheet by the agent that said everywhere was pretty much perfect - didn't mention the stains on the carpet - the filth in the oven - cracks & marks on the floor - rips in the fly screens.

Go over the sheet and note down anything they might charge you for when you leave - take photos if it makes sense.

Thankyou, thats great advice....:wubclub:

I must be honest I am starting to feel a tad nervous, we are due to leave our house after about 18 months in the new year and I am starting to notice marks and scratches, we have a hugely long property report so I am going to have to go through it at some point.

Definitely as above, most agencies will mark every item as perfect and will not even bother inspecting, leaving it up to you to find absolutely EVERY mark, damage, missing item otherwise they will try and charge you for it at the end. Expect to spend several hours going over everything close up and taking photos and writing the report as the agency will not do it until you move out and will then suddenly find everything.

I must be honest I am starting to feel a tad nervous, we are due to leave our house after about 18 months in the new year and I am starting to notice marks and scratches, we have a hugely long property report so I am going to have to go through it at some point.

Good luck :wink:

Where are you moving to?

Guest VickyMel

Good luck with the move.

Are you moving into your own place?

Someone mentioned a stick once that you can rub over scratches I can't remember the name of it - I must look out for it because when I have tried washing marks off the wall the paint I have found that the paint is cheap and water based and just washes off onto the cloth!

Good luck with the application. I hope you hear quickly. It would be nice if you could do something this week other than just house hunting. Where is the house you applied for?

We went to one on Friday with about 10 other families looking - so competitive it felt like an Olympic sport.

It must be such a relief to have such a major item off the to do list. I can't imagine how you are finding time for some rest but you must have at least a little bit.

OH has just finished filling in 2 more applications to send in tomorrow if/when we get turned down for the one we applied for on Thurs. :dull:So bored of forms.

At what point should I start taking Christmas seriously? Shopping so far limited to Christmas cake, Christmas pudding, biscuits and wafers. And candy canes. Could really do wih a lot more wine, chocolate and mince pies.

Oh dear. :cry:Got turned down for the house we applied for and we have 2 more applications in now. OH has e-mailed me details of 6 more viewings for the next 3 days - so boring.

On the plus side, I have got the mince pies now.:smile:. And white kit-kat chocolate bar was on offer so I had to buy it.

Guest guest17301

Doesnt take long to do a trolley dash through Coles picking up the essentials (choc/mince pies/cream/turkey) Actually might take a bit longer for you Kelly as you'll still be mentally converting to pounds and cursing at how expensive it all is! Could always go to Sizzler!!

No if i was you id be doing stuff on the barbie for sure, a few nice salads, enjoy the day. Now you can RELAX x

Oh dear. :cry:Got turned down for the house we applied for and we have 2 more applications in now. OH has e-mailed me details of 6 more viewings for the next 3 days - so boring.

On the plus side, I have got the mince pies now.:smile:. And white kit-kat chocolate bar was on offer so I had to buy it.

So sorry you didnt get the house :dull:

On the other plus side, at least your Hubby is finding you enough to look at....Your bound to get one soon & im a great believer in fate....So you'll get the one your meant to have :yes:

P.S.....I now really want mince pies! :cute:

So sorry you didnt get the house :dull:

On the other plus side, at least your Hubby is finding you enough to look at....Your bound to get one soon & im a great believer in fate....So you'll get the one your meant to have :yes:

P.S.....I now really want mince pies! :cute:

Got turned down for 2 more. :sad: 4 to visit tomorrow. I need one of those Time Turners that Hermione used in Harry Potter. Lots of the same house hunters turning up at each house. They should stick us all in a minibus in the morning and just do a tour altogether! God Bless the SatNav. I'd never have made it with an A to Z. At least I'm getting to know the area.

If I don't find one soon where will I put 'the boys' when they get out of quarantine?

In a moment of madness I bought pastry and mincemeat for homemade mince pies. Don't really stand a chance of making them 'till at least April.

:wacko:

Archived