Student to Permanent Residence

Angjol

Hi guys...

I am new to this forum n glad to see ya'll !

We are planning to go o a student visa to Australia.I have done bachelors of business admin a 4 yrs course from pakista.now me and hubby are planning to go to Oz , me being the main applicant.We have some issues:

1) Can I do a diploma in a skill in demand course as doing masters will require a lot of fee that we can not afford.Would we b able to get PR through a diploma course?

2) If we cannot get PR through a diploma course then which university is the cheapest in whole of the Oz like around $8000 a year for doin masters.?

3)How much chances are there to get PR after 2 yr study?

4)If I do a diploma course, will i get a work permit after 2 yrs for further stay in Oz?

5)What are the per week and per month expenses of accomodation, grossary, daily life issues if some one can share their routine life exenses with me?

6)Can I get scholarship from any university in Australia that can cut down my university fee into atleast 50% ?

7)*****The most imp Q....At the time of applying for permanent residency, would we need to show our 3 yrs experience of work (in our home country or in Oz)? Or is it that oz gives leniency to students onshore?

8)Is work /employment verification done in the process of PR in the home country even if we have applied onshore from Oz ?

We aew very worried abt all ths situation, some one told that Australia is hardly giving PR to students after the new rule implementation...How much is it true?

Thanking you all

Ang

Hi guys...

We are planning to go o a student visa to Australia.I have done bachelors of business admin a 4 yrs course from pakista.now me and hubby are planning to go to Oz , me being the main applicant.We have some issues:

1) Can I do a diploma in a skill in demand course as doing masters will require a lot of fee that we can not afford.Would we b able to get PR through a diploma course?

2) If we cannot get PR through a diploma course then which university is the cheapest in whole of the Oz like around $8000 a year for doin masters.?

4)If I do a diploma course, will i get a work permit after 2 yrs for further stay in Oz?

5)What are the per week and per month expenses of accomodation, grossary, daily life issues if some one can share their routine life exenses with me?

6)Can I get scholarship from any university in Australia that can cut down my university fee into atleast 50% ?

7)*****The most imp Q....At the time of applying for permanent residency, would we need to show our 3 yrs experience of work (in our home country or in Oz)? Or is it that oz gives leniency to students onshore?

8)Is work /employment verification done in the process of PR in the home country even if we have applied onshore from Oz ?

We aew very worried abt all ths situation, some one told that Australia is hardly giving PR to students after the new rule implementation...How much is it true?

Thanking you all

Ang

:eek: have you done any reading at all on this yet?? you need to make a start on www.immi.gov.au to find a suitable visa- studying in Oz is a very expensive business & I don't think youll find anyone who'll fund it for you!!! (imagine the queue!!!) And nor does it lead directly to PR I'm afraid- you need to arm yourself with lots of information- it might be a long road!

Hi guys...

Thanking you all

Ang

Hi Ang,

I came to Australia as a student as well, and am now a permanent resident. While it is true that applying for permanent residency (General Skilled Migration) after completing your studies in Australia is easier (in my opinion), it is also true that Australian government is tightening immigration rules. Please also note that for General Skilled Migration, your occupation must be listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), which changes from time to time. If I am not wrong, there is a new system coming into effect from July 2012, wherein people will no longer be able to apply directly for General Skilled Migration, but will have to express interest, and the Government will invite chosen candidates to apply for a permanent visa.

If your aim is to live in Australia permanently, going first on a student visa may not be the best option. You could probably go on a temporary work visa? Or you could apply for permanent residency with your current qualification? You will need to check the SOL. The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) website provides all the information you need to know at http://www.immi.gov.au

If you want to study in Australia, I would suggest that you pay a visit to an IDP office nearby. They offer free consultation and they will guide you through the entire process of getting a student visa - right from choosing a university to making sure you have finances etc. The universities in Australia support IDP, so they are able to give you free service. You can check to see where a local IDP office is near you by going to their website:

http://www.idp.com/default.aspx

Hope this gives you a little bit of an idea to get started.

Good luck!

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys...

Thanking you all

Ang

If youhave to ask these questions about costs relating to student visa then you cannot afford it. Student visa route is very expensive and might not lead to PR at the end of it anyway. You would be better off gaining the qualifications and experience required for a skilled migrant visa whilst in your home country.

Guest zzzsianzzz

to your most impt question

according to the july 2012 immigration changes, it favours local aussie experiences more than overseas. there is a points system of 65 points, the points have reduced, but the number of requirements have increased. and even age ranges have different points compared to last rules. its true that its harder for students to apply directly for PR.

as for education, research degrees are favoured by offering more points.