Thought my head was a muddle 'before' the move.....

cartertucker

Its worse now!...... :wacko:

I dont know if im coming or going, what with looking for a car (& its so different to buying in the Uk) ....Thinking about what area we may like to settle in & not seeming to get anywhere.....:confused:

It really isnt helped by the fact its so hot, I have a young baby & im pregnant :goofy: :wub::wacko::confused:

......Any advice!? :twitcy:

I dont know if im coming or going, what with looking for a car (& its so different to buying in the Uk) ....Thinking about what area we may like to settle in & not seeming to get anywhere.....:confused:

It really isnt helped by the fact its so hot, I have a young baby & im pregnant :goofy: :wub::wacko::confused:

Try and stay calm. It isn't really any different to buying in the UK, I don't think anyway. You can buy from a dealer or you can buy private. http://www.carsales.com.au is a great website.

Where is your partner likely to be working, do you drive, what interests do you have, what is your budget. Answering these questions will help you choose an area. It's hot, get used to it. This is what it's like here for a large proportion of the year. Lather on the sunscreen and go to the beach, it will help keep you cool of you are in the water.

as northernbird says stay calm lol ......buyin a car over here is not much different than the uk ......once u have decided what kind u want then just go for it .....if u buy from a reputable dealer then u shouldnt go far wrong .....as for a suburb.....well thats a bit harder ....basically work out where u need to be for work .....whether u want to live in a newer or older suburb .....close to beach or inland ......if u are rentin chances are u will move ayway when u get to know the place a bit better .....dont make things any harder than they need to be .....and before u know it everything will be sorted ...

mrs keily

Try and stay calm. It isn't really any different to buying in the UK, I don't think anyway. You can buy from a dealer or you can buy private. www.carsales.com.au is a great website.

Where is your partner likely to be working, do you drive, what interests do you have, what is your budget. Answering these questions will help you choose an area. It's hot, get used to it. This is what it's like here for a large proportion of the year. Lather on the sunscreen and go to the beach, it will help keep you cool of you are in the water.

Thankyou ~ :wubclub:

We thought we had found a car, then was told to avoid it as there were 2 stamps missing from the service book & the dealer didnt know how many previous owners the car had? :unsure:

We know we want to live NOR anywhere from Hillarys up :wink:

I like modern houses & am struggling to find which area is best value :confused: Can put down about $300,000 on a house & then possibly the same again in a few years time

I appreciate the fact that it gets hot here :cool: We were here in March 2011 & that was a scorcher!!!

But it just makes all the driving around & researching that much harder :swoon:

If only we could just head to the beach & chill... :nah:

Guest guest59177

Here's how I have pin-pointed my dream OZ car :daydreaming: The very helpful OZ car sales websites provide a very nice feature search feature which allow you to select the make. And against the make they most helpfully provide the number of cars available for selling. So I thought I couldn't go wrong with the majority and just looked at the ones with the highest numbers. And it seems that trading in Toyota Camry and Holden Commodore is strongest. Googling for these you can see they get good reviews so its not a case of a bad car which people are trying to divest themselves of. It also helps that I prefer the sedan class of cars. Anyways, searching again for their relative comparisons, you find that the Toyota Camry is greener and more fuel efficient, but Holden is more powerful and slicker to drive and a tad bit on the pricier side. Hope this helps!!!!

Here's how I have pin-pointed my dream OZ car :daydreaming: The very helpful OZ car sales websites provide a very nice feature search feature which allow you to select the make. And against the make they most helpfully provide the number of cars available for selling. So I thought I couldn't go wrong with the majority and just looked at the ones with the highest numbers. And it seems that trading in Toyota Camry and Holden Commodore is strongest. Googling for these you can see they get good reviews so its not a case of a bad car which people are trying to divest themselves of. It also helps that I prefer the sedan class of cars. Anyways, searching again for their relative comparisons, you find that the Toyota Camry is greener and more fuel efficient, but Holden is more powerful and slicker to drive and a tad bit on the pricier side. Hope this helps!!!!

We have choosen the car that we 'need' to get, a Kia grande carnival....The problem we are finding is that there are few available for sale :eek: I know that we have only been looking for a week & thats probably why! Think im just getting anxious that the car hire runs out soon!

We know we want to live NOR anywhere from Hillarys up :wink:

There is Ashby, Burns Beach, parts of Clarkson, parts of Mindarie, Brighton, some parts of Ridgewood, Butler, Tapping, parts of Joondalup, they're all modern areas NOR from Hillarys.

Have you checked out the newer part of Mindarie, you'd like it I think.

We have choosen the car that we 'need' to get, a Kia grande carnival....The problem we are finding is that there are few available for sale :eek: I know that we have only been looking for a week & thats probably why! Think im just getting anxious that the car hire runs out soon!

You are going to have 2 children, why on earth do you need a Kia Carnival. You would make it a whole heap easier on yourself if you kept more of an open mind. There are lots of other cars out there that would serve your purpose just as well. Why do you want a Kia Carnival?

as northernbird says stay calm lol ......buyin a car over here is not much different than the uk ......once u have decided what kind u want then just go for it .....if u buy from a reputable dealer then u shouldnt go far wrong .....as for a suburb.....well thats a bit harder ....basically work out where u need to be for work .....whether u want to live in a newer or older suburb .....close to beach or inland ......if u are rentin chances are u will move ayway when u get to know the place a bit better .....dont make things any harder than they need to be .....and before u know it everything will be sorted ...

mrs keily

Thankyou ~ :wubclub: For your very re-assuring comments

I suppose we just keep worrying that as we havent bought here before, we could get 'ripped off' :eek:

Renting is causing me sleepless nights (as well as the baby & a huge belly! :laugh:) .....We have only rented this house until 25/12 :shocked:

As for the suburb, we would like a newer suburb, or at least a new'ish house....Fairly close to the beach, but dont mind a short drive :wink:

You are going to have 2 children, why on earth do you need a Kia Carnival. You would make it a whole heap easier on yourself if you kept more of an open mind. There are lots of other cars out there that would serve your purpose just as well. Why do you want a Kia Carnival?

......:laugh: That would be strange to go for a 7/8 seater with just 2 children!!

But im going to have 4 Children & will be needing a double pushchair for the 2 youngest, so a big boot is also essential :cute:

Thankyou ~ :wubclub: For your very re-assuring comments

I suppose we just keep worrying that as we havent bought here before, we could get 'ripped off' :eek:

Renting is causing me sleepless nights (as well as the baby & a huge belly! :laugh:) .....We have only rented this house until 25/12 :shocked:

As for the suburb, we would like a newer suburb, or at least a new'ish house....Fairly close to the beach, but dont mind a short drive :wink:

the first thing to do is see if u can extend the rental to give ursel a bit of breathing space .....chances are ur not gona find the ideal place in 3 weeks ...infact i can gaurantee it ...

mrs keily

......:laugh: That would be strange to go for a 7/8 seater with just 2 children!!

But im going to have 4 Children & will be needing a double pushchair for the 2 youngest, so a big boot is also essential :cute:

I give up, you are buying a car for 4 kids when you haven't even had your 2nd. Also the boot on the Kia is rubbish. You would be better getting a smaller car now for your current circumstances and then get settled and worry about a car to accommodate 4 kids when the time arises. But hey, what do I know.

There is Ashby, Burns Beach, parts of Clarkson, parts of Mindarie, Brighton, some parts of Ridgewood, Butler, Tapping, parts of Joondalup, they're all modern areas NOR from Hillarys.

Have you checked out the newer part of Mindarie, you'd like it I think.

Thankyou for the suggestions :notworthy: I will have a good look at them all

What road/area is the newer part of Mindarie? :unsure:

Guest Guest31881

OK..... take a chill pill sit down and have a drink. Check the price of the car you are after and look at the price new as well, 2nd hand cars in Australia keep their price and sometimes you can buy new for around the same price as used.

If buying from dealer just make sure price includes everything and the price is an "on the road" price, not sure about WA rules with tax and stuff. Dont forget to argue the price down to get the best deal.

Don't worry about buying a house until you have rented in an area you like, six months renting gives you the chance to look around and see if the area is for you or if you would prefer somewhere else.

If things are getting on top of you, have a day off, and relax, just tell everyone to bugger off while you and your family relax for a day. after all is a day off from trying to sort things out going to make that much difference

I give up, you are buying a car for 4 kids when you haven't even had your 2nd. Also the boot on the Kia is rubbish. You would be better getting a smaller car now for your current circumstances and then get settled and worry about a car to accommodate 4 kids when the time arises. But hey, what do I know.

Ok....let me explain this better.....:chatterbox:

I already have 3 children & am expecting my 4th very soon :wink:

The boot on the Grande Carnival is huge & very deep ~ :wideeyed:

I have spent many hours researching which car will suit us....As a Family of 6 :yes:

Ok....let me explain this better.....:chatterbox:

I already have 3 children & am expecting my 4th very soon :wink:

The boot on the Grande Carnival is huge & very deep ~ :wideeyed:

I have spent many hours researching which car will suit us....As a Family of 6 :yes:

Well now you have explained. Good luck with your search.

the first thing to do is see if u can extend the rental to give ursel a bit of breathing space .....chances are ur not gona find the ideal place in 3 weeks ...infact i can gaurantee it ...

mrs keily

Thankyou, your right...I need to remove the pressure :yes:

I supppose I just hate the thought of $700 going into someone elses pocket each week :swoon:

OK..... take a chill pill sit down and have a drink. Check the price of the car you are after and look at the price new as well, 2nd hand cars in Australia keep their price and sometimes you can buy new for around the same price as used.

If buying from dealer just make sure price includes everything and the price is an "on the road" price, not sure about WA rules with tax and stuff. Dont forget to argue the price down to get the best deal.

Don't worry about buying a house until you have rented in an area you like, six months renting gives you the chance to look around and see if the area is for you or if you would prefer somewhere else.

If things are getting on top of you, have a day off, and relax, just tell everyone to bugger off while you and your family relax for a day. after all is a day off from trying to sort things out going to make that much difference

Thankyou :wubclub: I appreciate your kind words & good advice

Thankyou, your right...I need to remove the pressure :yes:

I supppose I just hate the thought of $700 going into someone elses pocket each week :swoon:

yes i agree ......but honestly to buy straight away would be silly ....even if u extend till the end of jan that will give u a few weeks to look around and find where u think u might be comfortable living ...i would then rent for 6months before u buy ....they reckon house prices have still to drop so u dont want to pay over the odds ......

mrs keily

Guest guest17301

I think youre trying to do too much too soon Kelly! Give yourself a break, youre probably still jetlagged. Hot again tomorrow, cooler after then. Take a day off. Go to the beach tomorrow. Enjoy it. Go to Iluka foreshore then go a bit further north and have a look at Quinns beach. Have a coffee at Portofino. Failing that go to Burns Beach, lovely cafe there.

Thankyou for the suggestions :notworthy: I will have a good look at them all

What road/area is the newer part of Mindarie? :unsure:

Drive down to Anchorage Drive off Marmion Av., towards the end of Anchorage Drive into Mindaries' Marina, all the little streets within the Marina like Ocean Falls Bvd, Fairport Vst, Swansea Prm, Lighthouse Pde etc., so many little streets, all brand new housing, you'll like it, I'm pretty sure, it really is nice.

I can take you around if you want to, I live 5 mins from the Marina. Let me know if you need help.:smile:

I think youre trying to do too much too soon Kelly! Give yourself a break, youre probably still jetlagged. Hot again tomorrow, cooler after then. Take a day off. Go to the beach tomorrow. Enjoy it. Go to Iluka foreshore then go a bit further north and have a look at Quinns beach. Have a coffee at Portofino. Failing that go to Burns Beach, lovely cafe there.

:hug: Thankyou Fiona ~ I think you may well be right :wubclub:

Drive down to Anchorage Drive off Marmion Av., towards the end of Anchorage Drive into Mindaries' Marina, all the little streets within the Marina like Ocean Falls Bvd, Fairport Vst, Swansea Prm, Lighthouse Pde etc., so many little streets, all brand new housing, you'll like it, I'm pretty sure, it really is nice.

I can take you around if you want to, I live 5 mins from the Marina. Let me know if you need help.:smile:

thats what kelly needs someone who knows the area and can show her around ....good onya :notworthy:

mrs keily

That is so kind of you ~ Thankyou so very much :wubclub:

I will write down your directions & go have a look.....:wideeyed:

('In a relaxed, chilled out way of course' :wink:)

Archived