Has anyone flown Air Asia?

SKW

We are hoping to go back and visit family in July next year but due to the Olympics prices are sky high. They are coming up reasonably for Air Asia but I don't know anyone who has flown with this airline or how comfortable the flight would be. We have a 3yr old and usually go Singapore Airlines but they are so much more expensive. Any thoughts/comments/advice would be appreciated thanks!

From where to where? I've only flown Air Asia (I'm from Malaysia and fairly poor then, haha)... I took AA from KL to Melb (8 hours) and it was okay. I believe international lang haul flights have bigger leg space compared to domestic (barely any leg space!).

You might want to check out this site http://www.airasiachart.net that will chart the cheapest prices for all routes... Very handy! So you only travel when it's really cheap :)

Hi. I have flown Air Asia from Melbourne to UK, and found them to be fine.

They are a budget airline, but I had no complaints at all.

I paid a little more for seats in front row that had more leg room, but that is a personal choice.

If you can take advantage of their sales and get some low fares then I would go for it.

Archived