help re - applying for a job in oz

mchugh1980

Hi peeps

I currently have a 176 visa app in, I'm cat5 so we are looking at other alternatives to get us to oz quicker, my OH is a purchaser and has seen a few jobs he could apply for, how would it work if he were to apply for a job in oz, when he sends his cv would he need to mention our circumstances and what visa he would need etc or would a HR dept be pretty clued up on all this.

As his skill isn't on any lists would a company still be able to sponsor him?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Have any of u entered oz this way?

Thanks

Claire and Liam

Guest orlaandjoe

Hi there

I applied for a job on seek.com.au, the employer contacted me, I had a telephone interview and they offered me the job with sponsorship on the spot!I'm not in oz yet but my new employer is lodging our visa app so hopefully not too long until we get there!I'd say if your husband sees a job that is suitable to email the company his CV maybe with a cover letter enquiring if they offer sponsorship?best of luck to you both!:)

Hi there

I applied for a job on seek.com.au, the employer contacted me, I had a telephone interview and they offered me the job with sponsorship on the spot!I'm not in oz yet but my new employer is lodging our visa app so hopefully not too long until we get there!I'd say if your husband sees a job that is suitable to email the company his CV maybe with a cover letter enquiring if they offer sponsorship?best of luck to you both!:)

Thanks orlaandjoe that sounds hopeful then,fingers crossed it works out for you, good luck

Before my wife's visa grant in January both she and I applied for numerous jobs without success. Please be aware the the VAST majority of employers in Australia ignore applications from persons without the right to work if you are REALLY lucky you'll receive a 'no thanks' email. The reasons include but are not limited to; the hassle and cost of sponsorship, the shear volume of those types of applications and sometimes even preferring skills more aligned with the local job market. That all being true as the post above proves there are rare exceptions.

Also the fact that you are beholden to a specific employer, have a finite visa and are effectively taking a HUGE risk should be serious considerations.

That said please don't think I am trying to be negative, I want you to have a realistic and blanced view of the situation. All too often I've read posts where people are blightly unaware of the realities of migrating.

Either way, all the best for you and yours.

4lan

Before my wife's visa grant in January both she and I applied for numerous jobs without success. Please be aware the the VAST majority of employers in Australia ignore applications from persons without the right to work if you are REALLY lucky you'll receive a 'no thanks' email. The reasons include but are not limited to; the hassle and cost of sponsorship, the shear volume of those types of applications and sometimes even preferring skills more aligned with the local job market. That all being true as the post above proves there are rare exceptions.

Also the fact that you are beholden to a specific employer, have a finite visa and are effectively taking a HUGE risk should be serious considerations.

That said please don't think I am trying to be negative, I want you to have a realistic and blanced view of the situation. All too often I've read posts where people are blightly unaware of the realities of migrating.

4lan

Please tell me Applications are treated equally either 475 visa or 176 visa ....

Thanks

Gayan

Please tell me Applications are treated equally either 475 visa or 176 visa ....

Thanks

Gayan

475 & 176 with state sponsorship are cat 3, 475 & 176 family sponsored are cat 4. Cat 5 are for all occupations that are not on SOL 1, or SOL 2 that have SS, but no longer on the States Migration Plan.

http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

4lan

I think what you are saying is 457 sponsorship is not by any stretch of the imagination migrating, its a temporary visa which is more or less like a temporary work permit.

I think what you are saying is 457 sponsorship is not by any stretch of the imagination migrating, its a temporary visa which is more or less like a temporary work permit.

Thank you for adding additional details that I should have included and I appreciate you pointing out that my post needed clarification; the of the differences of the 457 and the 176 the former and that there's ALOT of assumptions or lack of awareness too frequently during the visa application process as the latter.

4lan

When I was on a 457 I wouldn't dare mention that I had immigrated for fear of being laughed at, really it's like a glorified Working Holiday Visa.

I've spoken to a colleague whose wife, a nurse, was able to obtain 457 sponsorship for over 5+ years (in numerous states/territories) and is now a permanent resident soon to be applying for citizenship so it's NOT a swift route and certainly not the most direct but it can lead there ;¬D

4lan

Yeah I did it myself, 417>457>856>Citizen.

But I didn't run around saying I had immigrated on a 457 because that's just stupid, it's a temporary visa and it's not until you have been granted PR can you say that you have immigrated.

Sure it gets you in the country but like I say it's more like a glorified WHV only with even more restrictions.

Yeah I did it myself, 417>457>856>Citizen.

But I didn't run around saying I had immigrated on a 457 because that's just stupid, it's a temporary visa and it's not until you have been granted PR can you say that you have immigrated.

Sure it gets you in the country but like I say it's more like a glorified WHV only with even more restrictions.

Congrats on the Shippie! (citizenship)

Although you could have said you immigrated whether or not you had PR.

verb (used without object) 1. to come to a country of which one is not a native, usually for permanent residence.

But 'pedantism' aside I realise your point is the difference between the employer sponsorship and skilled visa is significant and worthy of note.

Your similie is really close to the mark in my opinion, hind-sight is great and should be shared for the benefit of others. I realise now how 'idealised' I made Aus' out to be in my own mind. It turned out great, just not as 'great' ;¬D

4lan

Archived