Advice on campervan import

teamv

We are aware that its hard to import certain woods and other material's into Oz ,but a large part or our campervan is wood.

So what will happen with it ,will the customs guys fumigate it or strip it out ,or is it not a problem ,its not a factory built camper, but is well built although i'm not sure what all the different types of wood are,here's some pics.

001.jpg

031.jpg

We don't want to get it over Adelaide only to be refused entry into Oz.

Cheers Kev.

Ooh, nice van! :biggrin: People import wooden furniture with no issues other than that which has had obvious pest issues (in which case you need to show it has been treated), so I don't think you'll have any issues over the wood. (As far as I know, it's only raw untreated wood which might be problematic, and wood with bark attached which is a definite no go).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, did you manage to import this van? We have a LWB hi top Toyota Hiace that I converted myself, and very proud of. Estimated will only get £7500 over here for it, but cannot see one similar over there or even for under $18,000. Ours only has 40,000 miles on the clock. Would be grateful on advice as ours is similar size etc to yours and wondered about costs etc?

Guest Guest31881

Check out our threads running on this topic....

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/133529-shipping-your-car-via-container-new-rules-jan-1-2012-a.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/97053-transporting-your-car-oz-everything-you-need-know.html

Those threads should help, if you post on there "Iron Chef" will probably answer and give you the info you need .

grada, check the thread at the top of this section regarding bringing your car to Australia with you.

I got this email from you on july 26 and as yet ive not had anything else.

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Iron Chef Imports regarding vehicle importing.

This auto-reply is to let you know that I receive between 60-70 inquiries via email each day, and while I make every effort to reply to them all, I’m only one person and it’s often hard to stay on top of things! For this reason, if you’re inquiry is not urgent, please be aware that I may take up to two weeks to respond.

Kev.

All done!

Thanks I will reply to your email ,I sold the vespa and bought another lambretta ,I have the import licence for the 2 scooters as there both now pre 89 and the camper so nearly ready to go ,as you know I can do nothing with the other till the end or may ,thanks again

Kevin.

Thanks, I have had a good read of this thread and got some useful info, as mine is a higher and longer vehicle than most it will probably be considerably more to import so am weighing up the pros and cons at the mo- thinking it may need to go ro-ro as it's a hi-top?

just like to say i am following this thread eagerness, I have a VW transporter I would like to bring with me and your full experiences and costs would be very much appreciated, end to end,,,just as a guide as i know individual circumstances vary,,, GOOD LUCK I love my camper :) :wubclub:

Archived