EOI????

Cables

Hoping you guys can offer some advise!

Agent has told us that once we pass VETASSESS (99% sure this will be ok!), and SS should be no problem as occupation needed, that once we hit the visa process, it may be a No-Go because by then (July 1st 2012), the new EOI system comes into effect and is expected to be a negative move for the majority. As I believe it, come July, there will be no more VETASSESS & SS Applications, just a 2 stage Visa process which is 1) applying EOI & 2) getting invited??? - does anyone know if this is right??

Agent said if we haven't submitted visa by July, my VETASSESS etc won't count anyway... so.... My issue is do we pay the £3K for the agent to do the VETASSESS & SS, or do we wait until July anyway then apply for EOI... as this is what we'll have to do in July anyway, unless VETASSESS pull their finger out and give us a result asap!

Sorry to ramble - this is how i understand it but advise if this is wrong!! Much appreciated!! Thanks x x x

Thanks, have just taken a look.

Im a little confused by the EOI system, just want to try and get some advise... think I may also just not have an agent and do it all myself.. thoughts on this anyone?? Quick to use agent?? Thanks x

It confuses me too !

I reckon if you get your skills assessment sent ASAP you should be able to lodge before the end of June so you'll still be under the existing rules. Not sure how long VETASSESS take but say 3 months and if you went WA the SS could come back super quick and you could be lodging by April !

Don't hang around debating for long though !

Good luck. :wink:

Agent has told us that once we pass VETASSESS (99% sure this will be ok!), and SS should be no problem as occupation needed, that once we hit the visa process, it may be a No-Go because by then (July 1st 2012), the new EOI system comes into effect and is expected to be a negative move for the majority. As I believe it, come July, there will be no more VETASSESS & SS Applications, just a 2 stage Visa process which is 1) applying EOI & 2) getting invited??? - does anyone know if this is right??

Agent said if we haven't submitted visa by July, my VETASSESS etc won't count anyway... so.... My issue is do we pay the £3K for the agent to do the VETASSESS & SS, or do we wait until July anyway then apply for EOI... as this is what we'll have to do in July anyway, unless VETASSESS pull their finger out and give us a result asap!

Sorry to ramble - this is how i understand it but advise if this is wrong!! Much appreciated!! Thanks x x x

Hi there,

£3k for an agent to do VETASSESS. That's a bit steep. which agent are you using.

We paid about £1500 to a migration agent for the whole visa process. This was just the migration agent's fees and doesn't include the cost for skills assessment and visa application though.

Regards Derren

Hi there,

£3k for an agent to do VETASSESS. That's a bit steep. which agent are you using.

We paid about £1500 to a migration agent for the whole visa process. This was just the migration agent's fees and doesn't include the cost for skills assessment and visa application though.

Regards Derren

£2300 plus VAT. Ian Harrop... yeh Vetassess is $500 on top

Thanks

You need to have your Skills Assessment and IELTS done BEFORE you can put on a EOI. As you total up the number of points you have and this has proven by facts that you have the number of points you say you have. If you add up wrong and get an invite, and CO sees you have less points than you stated you have your application goes back to the EOI pile.

You need to get your application in before 1 Jul 2012, you have 7 1/2 months to get it in so hopefully you will get it in ontime.

EOI comes in to effect 1 Jul 2012, but first round of nominations are not until Jan 2013. I dont know if VETASSESS are only valid for 1 year. I know that Engineers Australia Letter was only valid for 1 year, and you needed to pay to get another letter if the date ran out.

"Would I have to complete a skills assessment and/or an English language test before I submit an EOI?

Yes. Your EOI will need to be based upon facts as they stand at the time you express interest in migrating. If you are invited to submit a visa application, it is envisaged that you would have two months to finalise all necessary documentation and to lodge your application. The invitation would expire at the end of two months." http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/skillselect-faq.pdf

You need to have your Skills Assessment and IELTS done BEFORE you can put on a EOI. As you total up the number of points you have and this has proven by facts that you have the number of points you say you have. If you add up wrong and get an invite, and CO sees you have less points than you stated you have your application goes back to the EOI pile.

You need to get your application in before 1 Jul 2012, you have 7 1/2 months to get it in so hopefully you will get it in ontime.

EOI comes in to effect 1 Jul 2012, but first round of nominations are not until Jan 2013. I dont know if VETASSESS are only valid for 1 year. I know that Engineers Australia Letter was only valid for 1 year, and you needed to pay to get another letter if the date ran out.

"Would I have to complete a skills assessment and/or an English language test before I submit an EOI?

Yes. Your EOI will need to be based upon facts as they stand at the time you express interest in migrating. If you are invited to submit a visa application, it is envisaged that you would have two months to finalise all necessary documentation and to lodge your application. The invitation would expire at the end of two months." http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/skillselect-faq.pdf

Ah, ok thats fine then... so if I pass Vetasses, they'll take that plus my 75 points.... all good then!! I was told last week by my agent that Vetassess & IELTS lasts for 2 years??

Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated.

Ah, ok thats fine then... so if I pass Vetasses, they'll take that plus my 75 points.... all good then!! I was told last week by my agent that Vetassess & IELTS lasts for 2 years??

Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated.

IELTS definatly 2 years, different assesing bodies are different. I just know that EA, letter valid for 1 year and if you need another letter after they dont reassess you but have to pay $75 for new letter. But your agent wil know what the score is for VETASSESS.

EOI is just registering an interest in migration, true you still need to have your skills assessment and meet the minimum points threshold but you will only be invited to lodge an application if the proposed occupation ceiling has not been reached and no other interested party is ranked higher than you.

Just because you meet the minimum requirement does not mean you will definitely be invited, it just saves people from lodging an application just because they feel like it as the current process is. From next July those with the highest rank points in each occupation group will be invited to apply.

Sort of don't bother contacting us we will contact you if you are required.

IELTS definatly 2 years, different assesing bodies are different. I just know that EA, letter valid for 1 year and if you need another letter after they dont reassess you but have to pay $75 for new letter. But your agent wil know what the score is for VETASSESS.

Great thanks. Slightly off subject but just looking through the VETASSESS forms (thinking of dropping agent)... it says for post grad degrees, you have to send them certified copies of

Certificate (Fine)

Transcript (Fine) ... and

The Certificate of Graduation (???)

Do you know what they mean? The other 2 is all I have from my Masters degree? Thanks again

Great thanks. Slightly off subject but just looking through the VETASSESS forms (thinking of dropping agent)... it says for post grad degrees, you have to send them certified copies of

Certificate (Fine)

Transcript (Fine) ... and

The Certificate of Graduation (???)

Do you know what they mean? The other 2 is all I have from my Masters degree? Thanks again

The certificate of graduation?? I dont know - from my 2 Degrees I have only got the first two, so has my OH and thats what he used for Skills Assessment. Maybe some Unis give you a special certificate when you graduate, me I only got certificate at my graduations.

We didnt use an agent and found the process quite straight forward. The skills assessment is the most time/difficult consuming part. The rest is mostly filling in forms and providing correct info.

EOI is just registering an interest in migration, true you still need to have your skills assessment and meet the minimum points threshold but you will only be invited to lodge an application if the proposed occupation ceiling has not been reached and no other interested party is ranked higher than you.

Just because you meet the minimum requirement does not mean you will definitely be invited, it just saves people from lodging an application just because they feel like it as the current process is. From next July those with the highest rank points in each occupation group will be invited to apply.

Sort of don't bother contacting us we will contact you if you are required.

Yeh, thats how i understood it.... Firstly have to have enough points and a positive skills assessment, secondly have to hope occupation is still required and secondly, and lastly that no one is better than me! Def need crystal ball from Santa!

The certificate of graduation?? I dont know - from my 2 Degrees I have only got the first two, so has my OH and thats what he used for Skills Assessment. Maybe some Unis give you a special certificate when you graduate, me I only got certificate at my graduations.

We didnt use an agent and found the process quite straight forward. The skills assessment is the most time/difficult consuming part. The rest is mostly filling in forms and providing correct info.

Same here, only certificate and transcript.... i'll drop them an email to check it out... it makes a point of saying 'all 3 of the below are required'...... ????

Archived