Do Air Asia offer extra baggage for PR visa holders?

Lucysdream

yes good thinking, I wonder if they do offer at least the normal baggage allowance but maybe you got to buy it all. I looked at flights to Perth for May and only £434 per person! Including taxes etc... but not sure about the whole baggage thing. Thanks for your input.

Guest jimmyblogs

We've just booked our flight Melbourne with the help of a travel company and there are a few options. A number of airlines offer 'migration' fees which are a little higher but are a bit more flexible and include a larger baggage allowance. We opted for emirates in the end... You get 30kg as standard, the flights are direct, dubai is easy and I have never had any problems with them before.

yes I found flights with Singapore which will give you the 40kg allowance, those flights were about £580. It's just because I saw how cheap air Asia were and wondered what they offered. I wouldn't be bothered with just having the normal allowance and paying less for the flight, as we can just stick other stuff in with the shipping.

Air Asia... Think long-haul easyjet... (well, slightly better)... Gotta pay extra for EVERYTHING, including if you want meals, ANY luggage and tv screen (they have iPad things you can get instead of back of seat things). That's why they're so cheap - not sure they really work out that cheap once you've added the 'extras'. I went with Singapore in end. Good luck.

Don't forget you'll have to pay for your TV and all that also (someone replied above about paying for everything else). By the time you've faffed around booking yourself all the extras I'd wonder if its really worth it for the sake of a possibly not even £100 each.

If luggage is going to cost you £47 each, then factor in meals, drinks, TV etc. There isn't that much of a saving I'd reckon. What about airport taxes also? They usually add those on before the final payment stage and that shoots it up again :mad:

Consider the budget airlines here and the charges they stick you with (no seat allocation, preferential boarding only if you pay for it, every drink and bite of food is charged for, having to print your own boarding passes even these days or else pay a tenner a pass at the check in).

Personally when flying long haul we always spend the extra (and they are all usually reasonable costs when compared to the other big airlines) and travel Singapore airlines or BA/Qantas code share and have it all throw in without having to think about it. I really couldn't be doing with missing out booking an extra and then having to sit 24 hours on a plane without say a TV screen (or decent programming for that matter) or faffing with paying for things on the day. I'd rather relax and enjoy the flight process as much as possible.

Don't forget you'll have to pay for your TV and all that also (someone replied above about paying for everything else). By the time you've faffed around booking yourself all the extras I'd wonder if its really worth it for the sake of a possibly not even £100 each.

If luggage is going to cost you £47 each, then factor in meals, drinks, TV etc. There isn't that much of a saving I'd reckon. What about airport taxes also? They usually add those on before the final payment stage and that shoots it up again :mad:

Consider the budget airlines here and the charges they stick you with (no seat allocation, preferential boarding only if you pay for it, every drink and bite of food is charged for, having to print your own boarding passes even these days or else pay a tenner a pass at the check in).

Personally when flying long haul we always spend the extra (and they are all usually reasonable costs when compared to the other big airlines) and travel Singapore airlines or BA/Qantas code share and have it all throw in without having to think about it. I really couldn't be doing with missing out booking an extra and then having to sit 24 hours on a plane without say a TV screen (or decent programming for that matter) or faffing with paying for things on the day. I'd rather relax and enjoy the flight process as much as possible.

Thank you for your input. The airport taxes were included. It def worth weighting up all the pro's and con's and adding up the extra's. We may want a tv for such a long flight, that's usually what keeps me going. I never knew much about air Asia which is why I wanted to find out all this info before booking anything. Singapore airlines was still a very good price anyway and at least everything is included.

Thanks all :hug:

Archived