NSW State Sponsorship for 176 visa – Accountant (221111)

Dono

Hi everyone

:)

Has anyone on here applied for state sponsorship with NSW as an Accountant (code 221111)? I’m going to be applying in January (since that’s when I meet the minimum 3 year requirement) and I haven’t seen many people on here applying.

So any tips or suggestions? Do they actually reply within their 3/4 week timeline as quoted on their web site?

Thank you :)

Dono

Hi

I applied for the Management Accountant code back in May this year, and received sponsorship back in about 3 to 4 days, so was really quick at that time.

Also just to note that at that time I only had 10 months post qualifying experience, but 7 years overall with my pre qualification experience. Not sure if things have changed since then and they now only look at post qualification experience?

I used an agent to apply so they did everything for me. I emphasised my experience in the areas of Tax, Risk and Audit, which is the specialities they were asking for at the time.

Cheers

Hi

I applied for the Management Accountant code back in May this year, and received sponsorship back in about 3 to 4 days, so was really quick at that time.

Also just to note that at that time I only had 10 months post qualifying experience, but 7 years overall with my pre qualification experience. Not sure if things have changed since then and they now only look at post qualification experience?

I used an agent to apply so they did everything for me. I emphasised my experience in the areas of Tax, Risk and Audit, which is the specialities they were asking for at the time.

Cheers

I second Mevans info given above, mine was turned around recently on the same day they received it - the only delay being the time it took to receive the sposnorship back in the post! I applied direct, not through an agent - bit of a pain preparing all the required tabs, but just follow what they tell you to do and you should be fine!

That's awesome! Did they let you know via email that you were successful, then send a letter? Or did you have to wait for the letter to know?

My file is just about done and I agree, it's a time consuming pain in the bum to put it together! I'm also surprised that they don't do this electronically...

• 3 months later...
Replied to your pm mate, let us know if you have any further questions

Hi,

I got my NSW state sponsorship under Management Accountant code. I lodged for visa on 6th Dec 2011, case officer was allocated on 4th Jan 2012, my health requirements were finalized on 17th Jan 2012, and spouse finalized on 27th Jan 2012.. All other docs such as PCC uploaded.. still awaiting for the visa grant.. Will I get this within the month of Feb?:arghh:

Archived