176 or 475 visa for joiner

82rhoads

Hi,i've just got back from Perth but can someone clear something up for me?

I have a sister-in law in perth who is permanent resident and willing to sponsor

us. We're looking at the 176 visa as this would allow us into perth.

I understand that a 475 is for regional sponsorship and that perth is now regional so

my question is.....what's the difference now between 176 and 475 ? now perth has been

re-classified. And is there a points difference.

sorry if this has an obvious answer:wacko:

Anybody that wants any info on perth, feel free to ask as we were there for 3 wks

and had a good look around.

Thanks ,

Darren

Hi,i've just got back from Perth but can someone clear something up for me?

I have a sister-in law in perth who is permanent resident and willing to sponsor

us. We're looking at the 176 visa as this would allow us into perth.

I understand that a 475 is for regional sponsorship and that perth is now regional so

my question is.....what's the difference now between 176 and 475 ? now perth has been

re-classified. And is there a points difference.

sorry if this has an obvious answer:wacko:

Anybody that wants any info on perth, feel free to ask as we were there for 3 wks

and had a good look around.

Thanks ,

Darren

Hi Darren

176 is a permanent visa where as a 475 is only temporary. I have been told the 176 is a better visa as it gives you access to family allowance equivalent. with a 475 you might have to pay for schooling and you need health insurance. You also have to apply for a permanent residency visa when you have lived at least 2 years and worked for 1 in a regional area. There may be other tings as well.

Hope this helps!

Heather

There is no benefit now of going down the 176 Family Sponsored Route, as this gives you no points and can be processed slower than the 175 (but both are Priority 4 processing, 176 Family can take longer as there is a cap on number availible places per year), both of which require 65 points.

But joiner is on the WA SMP and you could apply for 176 SS visa which is priority 3 processing. http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Occupationsindemand.aspx

If you are from UK you will get recipricol health care, and dont pay for Public Schools in WA.

475 is a 3 year Provisional Visa, and converted to 887 PR after living for 2 years and working for 1, which costs $270.

If you cant reach the 65 points for 175 or 176SS, 475 would be an option as you get 10 points for regional family sponsor, and since Sept 2011, you can now live in Perth on a Family SPon 475. ( But not 475SS)

hi guys, does anyone know if i will be allowed to visit OZ though i have an existing migration application.. lodged last june 2011, haven't got any updates from my case officer though.. thanks very much