How soon should I look for a job (Arrive in WA Feb 2013)

Goochie

Guest guest37336
We're booked to arrive in Perth February 2013. I was thinking about looking for jobs 3-4 months before then. Do you think that's reasonable, or will Aussie employers be more interested in those who can work right away?

Not sure what visa your on mate, but three months IMO isn't too early, start getting the feelers out Goochie, after all, nothing ventured nothing gained.:idea:

Cheers Tony.

My hubby started applying several months before - one of the firms wanted someone to start right away (we didn't have our visa), but they said they liked his CV and could they keep it on file ... yeah right we thought, heard that one before, but about 4 months later they contacted, said a position had come up in the company, had we got our visa (we had at that time), they arranged a telephone interview and he started 12 weeks later.

Guest Pete the Feet

Don't bother comming over and trying to get work, you'll get riped off with everything, the Australians hate people from Britain.

I would start putting feelers out as you're nearing the end of the visa process or have been granted your visa ... employers will consider the most suitable and available candidate for a job (if it's a competative process), having your visa could make a mountain of difference

Archived