Komatsu- interview offer?

gconnolly87

Well done on that. I recently had an interview here in Ireland with Hitachi for a job in Australia. I got notice that they have a job for me near Sydney. Im waiting now on contract etc. Where do you expect to be going? any idea on salary, package etc?

Its going to be near Newcastle, not sure exactly yet. The salary is between $60-70,000. Yeah that is great news for you I'm waiting in a similar situation here the smaller details of it.

Guest richiee
Its going to be near Newcastle, not sure exactly yet. The salary is between $60-70,000. Yeah that is great news for you I'm waiting in a similar situation here the smaller details of it.

Im Headed to a town not far from Newcastle, called Muswellbrook. As far as I know the money is something similar.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest benjiboy
Well done on that. I recently had an interview here in Ireland with Hitachi for a job in Australia. I got notice that they have a job for me near Sydney. Im waiting now on contract etc. Where do you expect to be going? any idea on salary, package etc?

congrats on that i to had an interveiw in dublin and got a job with them in perth realy excited got my contract and all through in past days take it was tara mizle and another guy hitachi sounds like a good place to work how far along are you at the min

Guest 5am8011
congrats on that i to had an interveiw in dublin and got a job with them in perth realy excited got my contract and all through in past days take it was tara mizle and another guy hitachi sounds like a good place to work how far along are you at the min

wa hay more hitachi people yeah i did the interview with tara and another big bear looking fella they were dead on. im on the same boat as richiee waiting on contract for muswellbrook we seem to be last on the contract list!! how much were you told your salary would be in the interview? sorry only if you dont mind me asking? are you a fitter?

Glad the interview went alright bud. Told you it was no problem. Here's hoping they dont drag their feet too much

Heard back from them, onto the final stage now backgrounch checks, references and a medical as well as a meeting with a migration agent. Looking good so far, its for their site in Mt. Thorley need to start my research now.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm the exact same mate. Had interview in november in london. Got in contact with them a few times and everything seems to have stopped. Frustrating isnt the word TBH

I had interview then as well but then had a second over the telephone in December. Most recent conatct said they would be arranging a medical and contacting my references. Sorry to hear about your lack of contact, hopefully you hear something either way.

Alright lads i had a interview with liebherr straight out of the blue,was after a fitters job next thing i no im on the phone with HR, machine build manager, and 2 other high rankers talk about pressure on, plus i was rough in the night and never slept a wink. not very nice, see what happens, not holding my breath

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

all gone quiet?

anyone secured a job with Komatsu or other out of interest?

i got fed up waiting for an email, can't wait round forever!

just interested really to know

good luck

gaza

it may, or not be relevent, but there seems to be a distinct slowdown happening in the industry here at the moment; loads of projects that were GO GO GO for months have been cancelled or indefinately postponed. You might be feeling the effect of that uncertainty.

I gave up with them and just came out to perth on a WHV. HAd a job in 3 days. Been here about 4 weeks now. If people are in the age bracket for a WHV i'd suggest they come out on that. There is loads of jobs and it gives a employer a chance to look at you and your skills before you get sponsored. Also gives you a hance to see if you like the company

Guest Tony4052
Hello all,

all gone quiet?

anyone secured a job with Komatsu or other out of interest?

i got fed up waiting for an email, can't wait round forever!

just interested really to know

good luck

gaza

I start on Monday with Komatsu Perth WA. I understand there are still a number of positions available here. PM me if you would like me to investigate further for you....

• 1 month later...

I started with komatsu nsw (mt thorley) 6 weeks ago, they are starting to slow down work-wise. There is so much movement in this inducstry i have notice since comiong here many oz people happy to be contractors and long term employment in one place is rare in these parts. Still loads of companies in NSW, newcastle looking for tradesman especially mechanics, boilermakers and fitters.

Archived