Meeting with recuiter, what to wear?

I have been out of the work world for ages and where I worked in the States had a very strict dress code of skirt suits for women with nylons/sheer tights covering the legs. Apparently they have chilled since I left.

I am meeting with a recruiter tomorrow morning and I have a gorgeous red fitted sheath dress and some fab heels that I am going to wear but what do I wear on my legs? It is hot outside so opaque tights would look ridiculous but rarely do I see women wear nylons anymore. So what am I supposed to wear or am I supposed to go bare legged?

If it is any help I met with a recruiter about 3 weeks ago and she had bare legs and pink painted toenails with peep toed shoes! She was very smart with a black skirt suit.

Not everyone is going to be like this, but from what I have seen in Sydney CBD most ladies seem to have bare legs... if you are in doubt why not wear a very thin sheer pair of nude tights?

I prefer trouser suits myself as I find it easier to walk, get on train etc.

Also bear in mind it'll be air-conditionned indoors, so you may actually be wanting that pair of tights...

So THAT'S why I've been feeling the cold for the last 30 years! I knew I should have copied Rod Stewart.

I went for an interview today - wore black trousers, business shirt, no tie. I never bother with a tie now. The young lady who interviewed me was wearing a trouser suit.

Archived