Regional 475 visa

derham

Just thought I would pass on the information I got from my agent today re Perth now being classed as ''Regional''

''There is a little wrinkle in the Perth 475 process. The law allows 475 visa holders to go to Perth - there's no argument about that. However, the WA govt have advised that their policy is that they'll only entertain applications for 475 visas from people saying they're going to go outside Perth. It's just a policy, not a legal thing. If you're family sponsored for the 475, this doesn't apply, but if you're seeking state sponsorship, it does.''

Not great as i was considering going for 475 :arghh:

Remember the law states you can live anywhere in WA. WA just wont accept anyone who states they will live in Perth, you applyb for somewhere else then move to Perth legally they can't do anythging about it.

I think this is not quite right. With a 475 visa you have to live regional and Perth is not classefied as a regional city when you are sponsored by state. You will get problems when you apply for a PR after two years. You have to bring evidence that you have lived and worked in regional area. It only works if you are family sponsored or by employer (RSMS) but not by state.

This is from WA's homepage: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/RegionalclassificationforPerth.aspx

State sponsorship applications for the Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (Subclass 475 or 487)

The changes announced by the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship do not affect State Sponsorship applications for the Skilled Regional Sponsored visa classes.

Applicants who are successful in gaining a State Sponsored visa for the Skilled regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (Subclass 475 or 487) are still required to live and work in a regional area of Western Australia outside of Perth.

Listed below are the eligible postcodes in Western Australia for Skilled Regional Sponsored visa holders:

Western Australia

except Perth and

surrounding areas

6041 to 6044

6083 to 6084

6121 to 6126

6200 to 6799

Be careful with such advise!

• 1 month later...
I think this is not quite right. With a 475 visa you have to live regional and Perth is not classefied as a regional city when you are sponsored by state. You will get problems when you apply for a PR after two years. You have to bring evidence that you have lived and worked in regional area. It only works if you are family sponsored or by employer (RSMS) but not by state.

This is from WA's homepage: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/RegionalclassificationforPerth.aspx

State sponsorship applications for the Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (Subclass 475 or 487)

The changes announced by the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship do not affect State Sponsorship applications for the Skilled Regional Sponsored visa classes.

Applicants who are successful in gaining a State Sponsored visa for the Skilled regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (Subclass 475 or 487) are still required to live and work in a regional area of Western Australia outside of Perth.

Listed below are the eligible postcodes in Western Australia for Skilled Regional Sponsored visa holders:

Western Australia

except Perth and

surrounding areas

6041 to 6044

6083 to 6084

6121 to 6126

6200 to 6799

Be careful with such advise!

fivetogo, Perth has now been classed as ''Regional'' there are loads of posts on PIO and my agent has confirmed this, it was his statement about WA not accepting applications for Perth and how this might not be legal?

Archived