FIFO- what's it like?

chiara

Guest Corkgal
After you intitial mobilisation flight, there isn't much you will need to take back and fore on the flight. You will leave your clothes, toiletries etc on site when you go on your break. If the site 'hotels' then you are quite often given a locker to store your things whilst on break. You won't need a lot on site anyway, if your not at work you'll be sleeping, :smile:

Thanks for the info . Been looking into these sites and i have registered interest with them. Cheers.

Guest Galwaygal

Hey just seen thread here and have a quick question..hubby desperately trying to get fifo job in newman at the mo working but not a fifo..not in mines.

Can anyone pm or msg me any sites or companies that they used to get into mines and fifo.

Done both. In fact last job was FIFO to Africa from Perth and we considered moving back to the UK and doing it from there to get the tax benefit. But, to be honest the amount I earn in Oz and pay tax is almost what I would get in somewhere like Africa. But then factor in that from the UK I would be on 6:2 while here I am on 1:1 and it's a no brainer.

For a young lad its good but i cant see the point, why work away in Oz and pay loads of tax.

Why not work away from the Uk and not pay tax then go to Oz on holiday say every 6 weeks for 2 weeks?

FIFO wages arent that good compared to jobs (for eg - woodside) in Perth.

Saying that - no doubt i will have to do it at some point:cry: 2 weeks on and a week off aisnt a killer.

past my medical last week so hopefully will be headin for gorgon project soon wat do i pack if u are only allowed 10kg on fifo never did this before

It depends a bit on the site. Will you get issued clothing on arrival?

If so, then shampoo, shower gel, shorts / tshirt/ trainers if you want to use sports equipment. I don't bother with non work cloths but some have an outfit.

A iPad is popular for surfing the net, watching movies and things. Though most sites have tv with foxtel.

A book.

Money / bank card

Hey just seen thread here and have a quick question..hubby desperately trying to get fifo job in newman at the mo working but not a fifo..not in mines.

Can anyone pm or msg me any sites or companies that they used to get into mines and fifo.

Not sure I understand. He wants a job in Newman but not in mining and not FIFO? What does he do?

Not sure I understand. He wants a job in Newman but not in mining and not FIFO? What does he do?

Translation: He is looking for a FIFO job in Newman, Currently working, but not in the mining industry or FIFO. Looking for info regarding FIFO opportunities in Newman.

Archived