Uploading Documents

zidden

Guest Baazighar
I scanned some original b & w docs and they have not been questioned, depends what they are I guess !:wink:

Thanks Chardy, you may be right, it may depend on the importance of the document. Many people suggested to scan the certified copies if the originals are in b&w and I followed :)

There seems to be a Chinese whisper thing happening on the forums about this (or rather, one person said it once and everyone now just takes it as gospel lol) - certainly its where I initially thought you needed to get things certified if they were B&W docs from. However, if you read the exact wording from DIAC on it, it basically says if you Colour scan anything it is fine to not be certified, but if you can only black and white scan something then it has to be certified. Its the scanning colour or not, NOT the document colour or not that is important (I'm guessing because the colour scan is a lot more detailed whereas Black and White scanners tend to be older technology that do not scan in as much detail).

Like Chardy, I had some documents in Black and White, not certified (due to my rush to upload them), they were pretty critical work proof docs and had no issues at all - as long as you are scanning in colour (ie a modern, colour capable scanner) then you do not need to get them certified.

At the end of the day though, even if I'm wrong your CO will just ask for you to get them certified, no harm done, so you might as well give it a go without spending all that money to get them certified imho.

There seems to be a Chinese whisper thing happening on the forums about this (or rather, one person said it once and everyone now just takes it as gospel lol) - certainly its where I initially thought you needed to get things certified if they were B&W docs from. However, if you read the exact wording from DIAC on it, it basically says if you Colour scan anything it is fine to not be certified, but if you can only black and white scan something then it has to be certified. Its the scanning colour or not, NOT the document colour or not that is important (I'm guessing because the colour scan is a lot more detailed whereas Black and White scanners tend to be older technology that do not scan in as much detail).

Like Chardy, I had some documents in Black and White, not certified (due to my rush to upload them), they were pretty critical work proof docs and had no issues at all - as long as you are scanning in colour (ie a modern, colour capable scanner) then you do not need to get them certified.

At the end of the day though, even if I'm wrong your CO will just ask for you to get them certified, no harm done, so you might as well give it a go without spending all that money to get them certified imho.

Okay, here's my problem: When I scan my college transcripts (which are in color), a hologram image appears in the background with the word, VOID. Will I need to get this certified? My paystubs also have the same word - scanned or unscanned. :confused:

Okay, here's my problem: When I scan my college transcripts (which are in color), a hologram image appears in the background with the word, VOID. Will I need to get this certified? My paystubs also have the same word - scanned or unscanned. :confused:

This happened to my skills assessment from AITSL when I photocopied it. I sent a copy like this to South Australia for state sponsorship and have not heard any issues regarding this.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest VickyMel

Also remember to check the size of the document after it is scanned - DIAC have max sizes per document - it is on their site somewhere.

Archived